- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
For a family minibreak to remember, head to The Nam Hai in Hoi An. The parents and grandparents will love the glamorous rooms and the whole family will love the beachside location. Fun day trips include rice planting and water buffalo riding for the kids and a visit to the famed My Son ruins for the parents. You can also visit Hoi An’s car-free Old Town – perfect for tiny ones and grandparents who want to sightsee at leisure, instead of battle with traffic.
Expect to see smiles all round when you book a stay at the Grootbos Nature Reserve in South Africa. Each member of the family is sure to find something that they love. From whale watching and scenic flights to bird watching trips and walks through verdant gardens, a trip here is sure to keep everyone occupied. And that’s even without mentioning the food. Expect five-course lunches and a superb wine list (for everyone over 18 of course!)
The chic mountain resort of St Moritz provides the perfect playground for families. In the summer months, go for a row on Lake St Moritz, catch a train that takes you on a UNESCO World Heritage route through the Alpine valleys or drive a classic car up the mountain side. And when you want to relax, the parent and grandparents can enjoy afternoon tea in Badrutt’s Palace while the tots burn off some calories in it’s the fabulous Palazzino kids club. Don’t believe us how good it is? Just ask the hotel’s Junior General Manager.
You know that your family’s special, so treat them like royalty. Book a stay at Shahpura Bagh in Rajasthan. This summer home of the royal family makes the perfect base for a three generation stay. Set in 40 acres of woodlands, your family can just relax by the pool, or go on a farm excursion, pack a picnic, visit the Dhikola fort at sunset or visit a tribal village.
For a little family bonding you can’t beat a stay at One&Only Wolgan Valley in the Blue Mountains. This glamorous retreat will keep everyone active from dawn till dusk. You can go on luxury 4WD into the bush to spy Australia’s indigenous animals, visit a photography expedition, go on a hike with a field guide to the fern-filled national park of Donkey Mountain or even visit a tunnel decorated with glow worms. Then you can finish your day around a campfire and swap stories under the stars.
If you would like to keep everyone under one roof, book a villa at Belmond Rio Sagrado. This Andean-style village set on the banks of the Urubamba River is going to be loved by the young and young at heart. Gramps can arrange a tour with the head gardener and learn about the indigenous botany, while the tots can feed the baby alpacas. And if the family is feeling adventurous you can also go horse riding and rafting when you’re not chilling in the pool.
From $10,120 pp
Overland Safari Through Patagonia
Chilean Patagonia Argentine Patagonia Chile
- Cruise the Patagonia fjord to the Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers
- Experience Patagonia like a local with a horse-riding excursion through the steppe
- Explore the Perito Moreno Glacier on a cruise or ice-trekking trip
- Discover the highlights of Torres del Paine, including the magnificent Grey Glacier
- Witness the majestic landscapes of Chilean and Argentine Patagonia
When to go:
From $12,080 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $16,450 pp
Russian High Arctic
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go: