- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Book: Amidst the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong’s busy streets, the Upper House is hands down our favourite hotel. Not only does it sport the biggest standard hotel rooms in the city, but it also comes with ginormous bathrooms complete with harbour views.
Do: Kick off the evening with cocktails in the bar at Café Grey overlooking the harbour, then dine in the restaurant. Don’t forget to indulge in their bacon and marmalade at breakfast - some of the best we’ve had in the city. If you want to explore the neighbourhood a little more, walk over to trendy Ship Street in Wan Chai. Here you'll find two Jason Atherton restaurants, Ham&Sherry and 22 Ships that both serve succulent tapas in a fun and casual atmosphere. You can’t book, so have a pre-dinner drink at the semi-hidden Back Bar that is part of Ham & Sherry while you wait for your table.
Book: The Grand Dame of HK hotels, the Peninsula is the last word in luxury. From the bespoke Rolls-Royces that fill the parking lot to the decadent high teas served in the lobby, this is the perfect place to spoil yourself.
Do: Whilst staying at The Peninsula Hong Kong, you won’t have far to wander as Felix, the hotel’s Modern European restaurant is to-die-for. Chef Yoshiharu Kaji pushes culinary boundaries and the setting with a view of Hong Kong’s spectacular skyline make for an incredible experience.
Book: One of the few boutique hotels in the city, The Pottinger is a haven of tranquillity within the bustling Central Business District. Situated on the cobbled street bearing the same name, the hotel is perfectly located for exploring the city. Rooms are quirky and unique, and there is an excellent terrace bar – The Envoy.
Do: Some of the best restaurants are right at your doorstep! Try Mott 32 in the old Bank of China Building for upscale Chinese – excellent atmosphere, beautifully designed, and absolutely amazing barbecued pork.
Book: One of the classiest hotels in the city, the Mandarin Oriental is charming, cosy and elegant. The Captain's Bar is a time-honoured institution, serving up cold beers in silver pewter mugs, while The Chinnery serves up a delicious curry. Spend an afternoon at the spa, wrapped up in a silk and terry cloth robe, reading the newspaper in their tranquil parlour area while you wait for your treatment.
Do: Walk across the street for drinks at Sevva, a rooftop bar overlooking the Central area, before heading to Chom Chom for dinner – a funky, always popular restaurant in nearby Soho specialising in street-style Vietnamese food. Their Phojitos are delicious, as are their chicken wings and shaking beef.
Book: If you’re looking for an off-the-beaten-track hotel experience in Hong Kong, the Tai O Heritage Hotel is located on Lantau Island, about 30 minutes by ferry from Hong Kong Island. Located in a former colonial police station, the hotel overlooks the sleepy water village of Tai O.
Do: Head down to Mavericks Beach Bar & Restaurant on Pui O Beach. Serving up casual American fare, have a Hawaiian beer as you watch the sunset. The décor is reminiscent of a typical California surf bar, wall-mounted surfboards included.
From $10,280 pp
- See the spectacular Highlands of Scotland
- Visit a Royal Distillery on a private tour
- Play golf at the Royal Dornoch Golf Club
- Enjoy a private helicopter trip to the Orkney Islands to see the Neolithic artefacts
When to go:
From $143,750 pp
- Dine at Hentley Farm Restaurant, one of only two Relais & Chateaux restaurants in Australia
- Make your own Barossa Valley wine blend under the professional guidance of ambassador for Barossa wine and chief winemaker Andrew Quin
- Tour famous wineries such as Seppeltsfield, Wolf Blass and Jacob’s Creek
- Take a private helicopter ride over Adelaide towards McLaren Vale
- Dine on a personalised tasting menu surrounded by the beauty of McLaren Vale
When to go:
From $6,840 pp
- Explore Athens on a private guided tour, including a trip to the Acropolis
- Visit the sacred site of Delphi, home of the oracle of Apollo
- Enjoy beautiful beaches and fun activities in Mykonos
- Get a taste of Spain on a tapas tour of the Spanish capital, Madrid
- Discover the world of Gaudi in the avant-garde city of Barcelona
When to go: