- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Rio de Janeiro, or the ‘Cidade Maravilhosa’ (marvelous city), really lives up to the hype. Bordered by impressive mountains, white sandy beaches, and lush rainforests, it is so much more than just a city. The locals, or ‘Cariocas’, live for the outdoors and there are a ton of ways to find a quick reprieve from the city’s non-stop action. If you are there during Carnaval, dance your way through the streets, partying till the wee hours. And don’t forget to stop for a private picnic at Christ the Redeemer!
Our favorite home away from home? Hotel Fasano, a Philippe Starck project, reflects the heyday of the 1950s and 60s Bossa Nova era. What better way to start off the evening than with sundowners overlooking the legendary Ipanema Beach before heading out into the night?
The Amazon is one of the truly unique places on Earth that is just bursting with exotic wildlife and has landscapes like nowhere else. Over 10% of the world’s known species live in the Amazon rainforest, and over 40,000 plants call this place home! Admiring the confluence of the Rio Negro and the Rio Solimoes near Manaus is not to be missed! For a full-on Amazon experience with first-world comforts, Anavilhanas Lodge, in the Analvihanas National Park, provides a luxurious little getaway.
Costa Verde, the Green Coast, is a wonderfully relaxing break from city life with its emerald green island just waiting to be explored. Laze by the beach, snorkel in the many bays and coves, or take a leisurely hike through the rainforest…it’s all about nature in these parts! Whilst we’re in the region, we like to unwind at Pousada Picinguaba, a stunning boutique retreat overlooking a peaceful bay. It is perfect for unwinding and close enough to the charming little town of Paraty, which makes for a lovely day trip. Step back through time in the city’s colonial cobblestoned avenidas.
With its Afro-Caribbean roots, Salvador is one of Brazil’s liveliest spots, and a place where you can literally hear drum beats at almost every street corner – don’t forget to bring your dancing shoes! At nightfall, capoeira demonstrations are a common sight, accompanied by the savory scent of African dishes. If you’re looking for a little peace and quiet by the beach, nothing beats the charming Casas at Uxua Casa Hotel and Spa.
These impressive falls are easily reached from the Argentine-Brazilian border and offer a jaw-dropping experience you are not likely to forget. Up to 450,000 cubic meters per second of water thunder down the falls making for a fairly wet (and noisy) stroll! For a change of scenery head over to the Argentine side of the falls and dry off at La Aldea de la Selva Lodge.
From $10,120 pp
Overland Safari Through Patagonia
Chilean Patagonia Argentine Patagonia Chile
- Cruise the Patagonia fjord to the Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers
- Experience Patagonia like a local with a horse-riding excursion through the steppe
- Explore the Perito Moreno Glacier on a cruise or ice-trekking trip
- Discover the highlights of Torres del Paine, including the magnificent Grey Glacier
- Witness the majestic landscapes of Chilean and Argentine Patagonia
When to go:
From $12,080 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $16,450 pp
Russian High Arctic
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go: