- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
This five-star destination in Indonesia works hard to support the local community. Not only did Nihi Sumba help launch five medical clinics and build 48 water wells, but it has also created 15 new primary schools. Nihi Sumba encourages its guests to get involved as much as they want to with the local villages so that they learn more about the country they are visiting. One such project visitors can take part in is visiting the local primary schools and helping to serve the children their school lunches.
If you would like to help save the world’s largest tropical rainforest, join the team at Crees in Cusco. This eco-resort teaches visitors more about this area that is famed for its biodiversity. Whether you’ve got seven days or six months they can help you find the perfect tour for you. One such tour is The Legacy Traveller, which will take you down the Madre de Dios River by motorised canoe. Here you will have the chance to take part in mammal tracking, bird surveys and forest trekking. You will spend time with the scientists and researchers and be able to find out more about the work they are doing to help protect this special place.
Diving fans can now help protect their underwater playground by helping to replant a reef at . Guests are invited to sponsor a frame, which they can cover in coral nubs and as the years go by it will turn into its own mini reef. Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa. Every three months the Anantara’s Marine Biologist will upload an image to the Anantara site to show how your reef is doing, so when you are back on dry land you can still monitor its progress and see if Nemo and friends have turned it into their home. Frames priced from USD100.
In 2013 two Dutch brothers and a Sri Lankan family decided to change the welfare of elephants in Sri Lanka and launch the Elephant Freedom Project. The elephants are now free from riding, wood logging and abuse and have been given a home by the team. Visitors are encouraged to help keep these pachyderms in tip-top shape by walking and bathing them and make sure that the elephant area is a clean and safe place for the elephants to live.
Learn about Thailand’s greatest food resource and help do the community a favour at the same time. Join farmers Mr Tong and Mr Tone as they help plant the rice paddy field. You will be given traditional clothes to help complete the experience and keep the sun out of your eyes. When the Four Seasons Chiang Mai receives a bumper crop of rice they distribute it to the local villages and hill tribes.
The Bushcamp Company based in South Luangwa National Park in Zambia encourage their guests to get involved with the local community. Whether its helping out at one of the local schools that they sponsor, visiting one of their community projects or planting trees. The only limitations are your time.
From $12,080 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $4,490 pp
Journey Through History in Berlin
- Learn about the stories of Berlin during different periods
- Admire one of the most beautiful palaces is the world – Sanssouci Palace in Potsdam
- Walk the footsteps of Hitler and examine the rise of the Third Reich
- Visit the Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen – a former concentration camp
- Travel back to the Cold War era and experience living behind the Iron Curtain
When to go:
From $8,510 pp
Ireland Highlight Tour
- Visit the highlights and pubs in Dublin
- Admire Powerscourt – one of the finest gardens in Europe
- Learn about the crystal producing in Waterford
- Driving through Ireland’s best scenery – Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Cliff of Moher
When to go: