- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Fashion designer Silvia Tcherassi has just turned a 250-year-old colonial mansion into the Tcherassi Hotel + Spa, while the Viceroy Cartagena is about to launch Colombia’s first six-star hotel.
An abandoned soap factory has become the undisputed home of Cartagena street art. The city has already attracted international artists such as Fin DAC from the UK and Bell Borba from Brazil. [For an insider guide, ask your Lightfoot Travel designer to book you on an art tour.]
The restaurant that is causing the most buzz in Cartagena is Restaurant Interno. The restaurant that has seen celebrity chefs and politicians walk through the door is based within San Diego’s women’s prison. The inmates serve dishes such as sea bass cocktail and Cartagena-style sliced beef along with vegetables that have been grown in the prison’s garden.
The cocktail scene has seen a new lease of life with Cartagena’s own twist on a Manhattan speakeasy, the Alquimico that’s set in a former two-storey mansion. The team make rum infusions using local Colombian produce. The heady mix of cocktails and local DJs keep the crowds dancing till dawn.
Visit The Shop at Calle Sargento Mayor. This tiny boutique stocks a wealth of crafts, art works and organic chocolate and Colombian coffee from local artisans.
From $12,080 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $4,490 pp
Journey Through History in Berlin
- Learn about the stories of Berlin during different periods
- Admire one of the most beautiful palaces is the world – Sanssouci Palace in Potsdam
- Walk the footsteps of Hitler and examine the rise of the Third Reich
- Visit the Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen – a former concentration camp
- Travel back to the Cold War era and experience living behind the Iron Curtain
When to go:
From $8,510 pp
Ireland Highlight Tour
- Visit the highlights and pubs in Dublin
- Admire Powerscourt – one of the finest gardens in Europe
- Learn about the crystal producing in Waterford
- Driving through Ireland’s best scenery – Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Cliff of Moher
When to go: