Experience splendid isolation in the lap of luxury at the exclusive Chamba Camp at Thiksey in Ladakh, a region renowned for its dramatic scenery, colourful culture and breathtaking landscapes. Set in a desert valley between the Kunlun Mountains and the Himalayas, this new luxury tented camp offers the ultimate nomadic camping experience.
The camp will appeal to discerning and adventurous travellers looking for a unique and unforgettable escape in a spectacular location.
Individually designed and luxurious Maharaja-style tents are exquisitely furnished and feature ornate king-size beds, signature camp furniture, en-suite bathrooms with hot showers and butler service. Each tent is air-conditioned and includes a private deck offering stunning views
Explore the mysteries of the subcontinent with a programme of bespoke itineraries. Activities including bird-watching for early risers; visiting the ancient city of Leh and the Thiksey monastery; watching a game of polo; rafting along the Indus River or enjoying a picnic lunch in a spectacular location. For guests wanting to venture deeper into Ladakh, extended tour programmes are also available.
After a tiring day, return to the camp and enjoy relaxed evenings by the fire, listening to talks from experts and outstanding gourmet cuisine prepared by expert chefs and served under the stars.
Chamba Camp offers a minimum five-night stay and is open between 15 June to 30 September 2015.
Chamba Camp, Thiksey Information
- Location: North India, 30-min drive from the Leh airport and Leh City.
- Accommodation: 9 luxury tents, 4 presidential tents
- Facilities: restaurant, private sit out deck in each tent, safe, library, guided tours
- Activities: Polo, rafting, trekking, archery, cultural visits
- Weather: The best months to travel are between June and September
- Children: Welcome (certain activities are reserved for children over the ages of 9)
- Price Guide: From USD 3505/ person for 5 nights in a Luxury Tent.