Near Colombo, Sri Lanka
Nestled amongst acres of beautifully manicured gardens, this antique colonial manor house is now a simply wonderful boutique hotel. Located minutes away from the international airport, it cannot be beaten for its convenience whilst offering the most perfect introduction or end to any Sri Lankan holiday.
Built over 200 years ago in the traditional Dutch warehouse-style, the 14-bedroom Wallawwa combines old and new concepts in chic Sri Lankan style. Just 20 minutes from the airport and a short distance from the hustle and bustle of Colombo and the beaches of Negombo, this hotel’s location is spot on but is still very quiet and tucked away.
There are 14 beautifully furnished rooms and suites, located around a central courtyard are all equipped with the modern amenities. There is a Family Suite which has one king size bed and two additional single beds.
Z Spa & Relaxation is an unpretentious yet stylish addition to the Wallawwa and treatments have been designed to make the most of this tranquil setting. ‘Z’ offers signature massages, traditional ayurvedic treatments and a unique array of health and beauty alternatives to help you unwind in complete comfort.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“With its amazing location, it’s our top choice for your first or last night in Sri Lanka. Or even a last dinner on your way to the airport. This is an airport hotel with a big difference”
The Wallawwa Information
- Location: 20 minutes from Bandaranaike International Airport. 45 minutes from central Colombo.
- Accommodation: 14 bedrooms including Garden Suites.
- Activities: Strategically located close to the Dambulla, Kandy & Galle highways, the Wallawwa remains entirely secluded.
- Facilites: Spa, swimming pool, croquet,, Wi-Fi.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June/July and October/November.
- Children: Welcome. However, there are no specific facilities.