Queenstown, New Zealand
Who wants to be transferred to the hotel by private car when you can arrive, adrenaline pumping, by jet boat? This is Queenstown – adventure capital of the world and home to a wonderful hotel called The Rees.
The Rees is absolute lakefront and offers panoramic fairytale views over Lake Wakatipu and the rugged mountain ranges of the Remarkable Mountains. Luxuriously furnished with stylish, spacious rooms, the Rees Hotel is a great place for kicking back between bursts of adrenaline. In Queenstown, the possibility of heart pumping adventure is endless – bungee jumping, horseback-riding, river boarding, heli-skiing – the list goes on! On the other side of the coin, if you are looking for a great place to wind down and relax, the Rees Hotel is the perfect indulgence – where you can enjoy a fine glass of wine at the comfortable Bordeaux wine lounge or even head over to the hotel’s Observatory for an extraordinary evening of star gazing under the southern sky.
The five star accommodation options include 60 spacious hotel rooms and 90 luxury 1-3 bedroom apartments. All of the accommodation options are of an incredibly high quality and boast custom designed beds, spacious bathrooms featuring under floor heating, iPod docking station and a large lounge area that opens onto a large tiled balcony. The apartments also offer gas fireplaces, full designer kitchens and laundry facilities.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Queenstown into a greater New Zealand or Australasian holiday. Take a look at The Finest of New Zealand’s North and South Islands as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
The Rees Information
- Accommodation:60 spacious hotel-style Rees Hotel Rooms and 90 Luxury Apartments (1-3 bedroom)
- Location:The Rees Hotel is a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, which is a 45 minute flight from Christchurch International Airport or a 6 hour drive.
- Facilities:True South restaurant (seasonal menu), wine cellar, Bordeaux wine lounge, Hush spa, private passenger jet service
- Activities:Personalised helicopter heritage trips, adventure sports, recreational activities, fly fishing and golf
- Weather:The best time for skiing is during the winter months of June through August, which tend to have clear blue skies and crisp fresh mornings and evenings. The warmer high season months are from November to April.