Koggala Beach, Sri Lanka
Between the Indian Ocean and Koggala Lake lies a fortress of luxury and peace – one where you can expect yourself to be pampered like kings and queens. The Fortress at Sri Lanka is a paradise of never ending beach, waves, and sunset.
Fit with full-length French windows and contemporary Sri Lankan furnishing, all 53 rooms are spacious and modern, with beautiful open plan bath rooms for a more romantic stay. Each room features state of the art entertainment systems with surround sound. Hammocks and daybeds are strategically placed within the gardens.
Rejuvenate yourself at the signature Spa Naturel with Ayurvedic and beauty treatments, attend a yoga class, and go for a massage. A short tuk tuk drive brings you to the historic city of Galle, where you can visit the World Heritage Site Galle Fort, a must-see attraction.
Get active at the stylish gym, join a game of badminton, or perhaps check out the nearby water sports center. Arrange to go whale watching. Nearby at the Koggala lake is an unspoilt ecological haven that is abundant in wildlife – perfect for nature lovers to do some bird watching.
Babysitting services and cribs are available on request, and for children, pool games, cards, and scrabble are on hand.
The Fortress Information
- Location: Southern Sri Lanka, 1 hour 45 minutes from the airport
- Accommodation: 53 luxury rooms
- Activities: Whale/Bird watching, badminton, diving trips to reefs, excursions to National Parks and Forest Reserves, trips to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, yoga, seaside dining
- Facilities: Infinity swimming pool, direct beach access, 3 restaurants, minibar, Bose sound system, satellite channels, spa, fitness centre, library with books and DVDs, pool & billiards, boutique shop
- Weather: The best months to travel are between December to March
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 310 for a Fortress Room
Looking for something different? Visit our main Sri Lanka page for further inspiration.