Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
Located just 10 minutes from Galle Town, this private luxury villa is set near Unawatuna Bay overlooking the Indian Ocean and surrounded by beautiful green gardens. Comfortable and perfectly managed, The Beach Hut is the perfect getaway for honeymooners, couples and small families looking to spend some quality time together.
Comprised of one large en-suite master bedroom and one twin room (perfect for young children as it connects to the main bedroom suite), this contemporary villa is gorgeously finished with traditional Sri Lankan artwork, stone floors and handmade colourful sofas. The open plan living area on the ground floor and the modern kitchen both overlook the private pool and luscious gardens that stretch all the way down to the beach.
Aside from its idyllic and peaceful surroundings, the staff is what sets this place apart from the rest. The live-in steward is on hand to prepare delicious local curries and other basic favourites, and a house cleaner comes in daily to assist him with the cleaning and shopping, making your stay completely hassle-free. There is also a friendly night watchman to keep the wild monkeys at bay.
Yoga, massages and other rejuvenating treatments can all be arranged, as well as snorkelling and surfing on nearby Unawatuna Beach. Whether its enjoying a romantic candlelit meal under the stars, lounging in the hammocks on the lawn, or hanging out in the local bars and restaurants, you are guaranteed to leave a great deal more relaxed.
The Beach Hut Information
- Location: 10-minute drive from Galle town, near Unawatuna Bay. 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accommodation: 1 large ensuite master bedroom, 1 small twin room.
- Staff: Personal chef, maid service and security guard.
- Facilities: Large swimming pool, lawn hammocks, private beach access.
- Activities: Beach, walking distance to local shops and restaurants, alfresco dining.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome.