Olhuveli Island, Maldives
Standing alone as the only resort on the virtually uncharted Laamu atoll, the Six Senses Laamu is the latest must-visit destination in the Indian Ocean.
Located on Olhuveli Island, a place of outstanding natural beauty, powder white sand, lush tropical vegetation and crystal clear water, the Six Senses Laamu is an eco-friendly luxurious resort.
Its 97 villas, built with the Six Senses signature of sustainable design, are nestled either on the Olhuveli beach or over the brilliant turquoise waters of the island’s lagoon. Choose between the beach villas, which have private access to the beach, water villas, fitted with sunken, ocean-view, all-glass bathtubs or the Two-Bedroom Beach Villa with its own private pool. Complete privacy is afforded whilst you indulge in all the creature comforts that luxury has to offer.
Wining and Dining at Six Senses Laamu is a predominantly panoramic, over-water affair as well, where service is second-to-none and all tastes are well catered to. Enjoy an exquisite evening at Altitude, the resort’s unique wine ‘cellar’ rising 6 metres out of the ocean and be served by flying wine-waiters.
Diving, snorkelling and swimming in and around the pristine coral reef are quite literally the best in the Maldives. Other than that, Six Senses Laamu offers you a myriad of activities to keep you entertained – from a ‘nesting’ experience in the renowned Six Senses Spa to a relaxed evening on a private boat watching frolicking dolphins. There is also a special play time Den, suitable for all ages and supervised at all times for your little ones to enjoy.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“The most special thing about this hotel has to be its natural rustic decor. The old suitcases for sinks are a brilliant touch and you literally have the Indian Ocean as your swimming pool.
Six Senses Laamu Information
- Location: Located on Laamu Atoll. A 35 minute flight from Male Interntaional Airport followed by a 20 minute speed boat ride.
- Accommodation: 26 Beach villas, 1 Two-Bedroom Beach Villa with pool, 79 over water villas
- Facilities: Wine cellar, ice-cream parlours, lounge & bar, Six Senses Spa including fitness centre and yoga pavilion, jungle open-air cinema, medical clinic, gym, library
- Activities: Surfing, snorkelling, diving excursions, windsurfing, canoeing, catamaran sailing, wakeboarding, water skiing, local island excursions, fishing, sunset/sunrise boat cruises
- Weather: Weather is good year round.
- Children: Kids club available, children welcome.
- Price Guide: From USD 3233 for 3 nights in a Lagoon Water Villa including return airport transfers for two pax (Shoulder Season)