Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
This resort-style hotel is set on Pantai Dalit beach in Sabah surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation. It is an ideal base for recuperating after a strenuous hike up Mount Kinabalu, a family exploration and a couple’s getaway to the beach.
The large resort, perfect at the beginning or end of any Borneo itinerary, has 420 rooms which are divided between the Garden Wing and the newer Ocean Wing. Whilst the Garden Wing rooms have private gardens on the ground floor or balconies on the 1st floor, the Ocean Wing rooms enjoy the added bonus of having private ocean view balconies and outdoor bathtubs. Guests in the Ocean Wing can also make use of the private pool for Ocean Wing residents only.
Perfect for families, this resort has it all. There is an array of activities on offer for all ages as well as an extremely well equipped and complimentary children’s club (4-12 years). There are also treetop canopy walks for those looking for adventure. The children’s pool makes for a safe retreat from the hot sunshine and babysitting can be arranged on request.
With plenty of dining outlets, the choice for cuisine is endless. Coast restaurant receives fantastic reviews for its fresh and innovative food.
There are endless activities on offer from Rasa Ria, ranging from sailing, golf, kayaking, nature walks, boat tours and windsurfing. The resort itself has an 18-hole golf course, state-of-the-art gym, tennis courts and swimming pools.
Shangri-La Rasa Ria Information
- Accommodation: 420 rooms split between the Garden Wing and Ocean Wing.
- Location: 40-minute road transfer from Kota Kinabalu Airport.
- Facilities: Spa, golf course, nature reserve, swimming pool and children’s pool, children’s club.
- Activities: Horse riding, water sports, jungle trekking, white water rafting, climbing Mount Kinabalu.
- Weather: Sabah has a typically tropical climate of warm, sunny weather throughout the year. Rain is most frequent from November to January, but can be expected in any month.
- Children: Welcome and very well catered for. Children’s club, babysitting, children’s meals.
- Price Guide: From USD 1006 for 3 nights in a Superior Rainforest View Room including return airport transfers for two pax (Shoulder Season).