This five-star resort overlooking the Trou d’Eau Douce Bay on the Island of Mauritius is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and occupies a sandy stretch of coastline on the mainland as well as two islands in the lagoon beyond.
Le Touessrok has 200 deluxe rooms and suites in the main building’s Hibiscus and Coral Wings, and on Frangipani Island. All rooms are sea-facing and every guest benefits from 24-hour personal butler service. In addition, there are three waterfront villas with three bedrooms apiece.
In the lagoon, ten minutes away by boat, are two stunning private islands. Ilot Mangénie is the ‘desert island’ with 35km of beach exclusively available to Le Touessrok guests, and the appropriately named Crusoe Restaurant and Robinson’s rum bar.
Neighbouring Ile aux Cerfs is home to the Le Touessrok 18-hole championship golf course, designed by Bernhard Langer, as well as teaching and practice facilities at the Golf Academy. Also on Ile aux Cerfs are a barefoot beach bar and restaurant serving drinks and light lunches, the Indian ‘Masala’ restaurant under thatch on a hillside, and Langer’s Grill & Bar, specialising in fish and seafood.
In addition to the golf, four tennis courts and a full Fitness Centre should keep active guests busy on land.
Out on the water, many sports – including canoeing, kayaking, water-skiing and windsurfing – are complimentary, with scuba diving and catamaran sailing also available.
If you’ve come on holiday to Le Touessrok to relax, head for the Givenchy Spa and then work your way around the seven restaurants that the resort offers, choosing from Japanese, Italian, Indian and many more international cuisines.
Families have many different room configurations to choose from, and complimentary use of the T-Club’s superb clubhouse for children aged from 4-11 or the many activities for the teen’s club (12-17 years).
Shangri-La Le Touessrok Information
- Location:Trou D’Eau Douce, 50min drive from the airport.
- Accommodation:68Deluxe rooms, 123 Junior Suites, 1 Royal Suite, 6 Ocean Suites, 3 Waterfront Villas.
- Facilities:5 Restaurants, 2 bars, swimming pool, Givenchy Spa, hair and beauty salon, 18-hole championship golf course, water sports centre, fitness centre, tennis club, jogging track, pentaque and volleyball courts, kids and teens club.
- Activities:Golf, diving, snorkelling, sailing, water-skiing, windsurfing, catamaran sailing, canoeing, kayaking, laser sailing dinghies, sailing, glass-bottom boat trips, spa treatments, facials and massages, beauty and grooming services including hair cutting and conditioning, manicures and pedicures, programmes for swimming, aqua aerobics, tennis, explore nearby private island of Îlot Mangénie, special excursions for cycling, nature trails and deer stalking.
- Weather:Mauritius enjoys a perennial sunny climate, with the daytime coastal temperature varying from 22oC / 72oF in winter (May to November), to 31oC / 88oF in the summer months (December to April). It rains more heavily in summer, although the showers tend to be rather brief.
- Children:Held in its own large and well-equipped clubhouse, the T-clubprovides an exciting, imaginative and fun activities programme including swimming, tennis, educational enrichment sessions for children aged 4 to 11 years. Babysitting services are available at extra charge. The Teens’ club welcomes 12 to 17 year olds and provides activities such as sports, excursions, discos and themed evenings.