With a classic yet contemporary architectural style infused with local cultural influences, the Shangri-la Boracay, Philippines could be considered a tropical destination in itself with its 350 metres of immaculate beachfront and 12 hectares of abundant gardens.
The property is located in the Northern part of Boracay Island, and is about 9 kilometres from Caticlan Airport. Enter the Shangri-La welcome lounge at the jetty, and you are served refreshments while you wait for the speedboat to be ready. Your holiday begins here. Within the hour you’ll have been checked-in, shown to your room and then sinking your toes into the sand.
Equipped with a number of fantastic facilities for families, such as the extensive Activity Zone for younger children and Entertainment Centre, which has been designed for big kids as well. The Activity Zone has 2 massive slides, a ball pit and is fully staffed, to ensure that your little ones are under the watchful eye of the trained nannies. For the adults and teenagers, a pool table, table tennis table, air hockey table, foosball table are just some of the facilities to keep you occupied in the event of an unfortunate rainy day on the sunny shores of Boracay. The property also has three pools including one special childrens pool.
Featuring 219 spacious accommodation units that are finely furnished and finished with ethnic Filipino décor, the luxury of space leaves plenty of space for each family or couple to enjoy the resort without being overcrowded. Guests can avail the benefits of the signature spa that employs a host of treatments based on Chinese and Himalayan healing concepts. You might also want to indulge in a round or two of tennis. Otherwise, the stunning waters is perfect for any sea activities, from kayaking to parasailing and deep sea diving.
Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa Information
- Location: Boracay, 45-minute flight to the island’s Caticlan Airport and a further 15 minute combined sea and land transfer from Manila or 1.5 hours drive from Kalibo Airport.
- Accommodation: 219 guestrooms and villas
- Activities: Paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, windsurfing, island excursions, deep sea fishing, volleyball, tennis, mountain biking, snorkeling and scuba diving, nature trail hiking, jogging and golf (nearby)
- Facilities: Spa, health club, outdoor swimming pool and lap pool, marine centre and dive shop, water sports pavilion, beachfront, restaurant and bars
- Weather: Best time to visit is from October to May
- Children: Facilities such as Adventure Zone and Entertainment Centre which include an exciting indoor playground, a children’s activity corner, an activity hub complete with video and arcade games are made available for the children.