Queenstown, New Zealand
Framed by impressive mountain ranges, Matakauri Lodge offers the perfect alpine lakeside hideaway.
Strategically located by the breath-taking Lake Wakatipu, Matakauri Lodge is a convenient 10-minute drive from Queenstown. The lodge has a contemporary casual structure, with sprightly interiors and toasty-textured furnishings carpentered with natural materials.
Accommodation selections include 3 lodge suites set in the main lodge and 8 peripheral deluxe suites. Each suite features a spacious bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and lavish bathroom, completed by a homely sitting area and an open fireplace. The private patios provide grand and unparalleled views of the Remarkable, Cecil and Walter Peak mountain ranges. With modern European cuisine that changes daily, the lodge’s local and seasonal dining choices are nothing less than exquisite.
Matakauri Lodge boasts a range of facilities for relaxation and wellness, namely the luxury spa offering a menu of signature treatments customised to suit your specific requirements. Action enthusiasts can partake in heli-skiing, mountain biking and fly fishing and simply relish in the essence of New Zealand.
Matakauri Lodge Information
- Location: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown, 9km from Queenstown Airport.
- Accommodation: 3 lodge suites, 8 outlying deluxe suites.
- Facilities: Private patio, open fireplace, entertainment system, library, courtyard, spa, fitness centre, outdoor infinity swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, walking trails.
- Activities: Horseback riding, golf, mountain biking, fly fishing, hiking, skiing, water sports, adrenalin sports, wine tours, scenic flights.
- Weather: Summer is between November and early February. Winter is from June through to August.
- Children: Welcome; cribs are available complimentary for children up to 2 years, additional beds, private dining arrangements after 7pm.