The Mandarin Oriental Tokyo is a tower of contemporary luxury situated in the heart of the central Nihonbashi district of Tokyo with breathtaking panoramic views of the city.
With its superb location in the city’s prestigious financial district, the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo brings contemporary elegance to Nihonbashi, the historical and cultural centre of Tokyo commerce.
True to its surroundings, the first Mandarin Oriental hotel in Japan dynamically blends the best of past and future architectural splendor. It is graced with spacious guest rooms, an oasis-like, fabulously well-appointed award-winning spa, and sophisticated bars and restaurants situated upon the uppermost floors of the soaring Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower. In addition, stately banquet and conference facilities reside within the Tower’s impressive atrium podium and adjacent Mitsui Main Building, a cultural heritage property.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Tokyo into a greater Japan holiday. Take a look at Cityscapes to Snowy Slopes as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Mandarin Oriental Tokyo Information
- Accommodation: 179 luxuriously-appointed guest rooms and suites located from the 30th to 36th floors of the 38-storey Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower.
- Location: Overlooking the Imperial Palace garden to the West and Tokyo Bay to the Southeast, this central location is 5-10 min walk from Tokyo Station.
- Facilities: Michelin starred restaurants, bars, Spa & Fitness Centre.
- Activities: Shopping, fine dining, galleries, traditional Kabuki performances at the Kabuki-za or Shinbashi Enbujou theatres.
- Weather: Cherry trees blossom in springtime; temperatures reach 30°C (86°F) in summer months; colourful and crisp autumn season; and relatively mild winter temperatures rarely below freezing.
- Children: Child-friendly.