Thaa Atoll, Maldives
Maalifushi by COMO is the first luxury resort to open in the little known Thaa Atoll in the southern part of the Maldivian archipelago, 50 minutes by seaplane from Malé Airport. Set on eight hectares of lush tropical vegetation and surrounded by sparkling turquoise waters, this exclusive and secluded property offers the ultimate barefoot chic escape for couples and families.
Maalifushi features 66 suites and villas, some which benefit from their own pools and butler service. Built from locally sourced materials, these stylish and elegant rooms have thatched roofs and cool-white interiors offering a rustic chic experience. Romantic Overwater Suites are perfect for honeymooners, while spacious two-bedroom Garden Villas are suited to families with younger children.
Top-notch gourmet dining options at Maalifushi include fine dining restaurant Tai, specialising in Japanese seafood, and all-day dining restaurant Madi, serving up regional and local delights. Romantic dinners and secluded picnics can be arranged on an uninhabited neighbouring island.
The emphasis at this private island retreat is on relaxation and rejuvenation. There’s a 44-metre pool, a magnificent COMO Shambhala Spa offering holistic therapies in overwater treatment rooms and a yoga pavilion. It is rare to find an unspoilt house reef in the Maldives, but the house reef at Maalifushi by COMO is one of them, offering exceptional diving and snorkelling. There’s a possibility of seeing whale sharks in season and excellent surf breaks can be found nearby.
Maalifushi by COMO makes for a relaxing family holiday destination, with a lagoon that is safe to swim in and gently sloping white sand beaches. Babysitting can be arranged and there are activities to keep children entertained.
Maalifushi, by COMO Information
- Location:Thaa Atoll. 50 minutes by seaplane from Male International Airport.
- Accommodation:66 suites and villas – overwater and garden.
- Facilities:COMO Shambhala Spa, 44m swimming pool, watersports centre, dive centre, 2 restaurants, bar, boutique
- Activities:Watersports, diving, boating excursions, yoga.
- Weather:Weather is good year round.
- Children:Welcome. The hotel has Play by Como, a dedicated facility with all day activities for children aged between 3 -12.