Kaikoura, New Zealand
Hapuku Lodge offers luxury hotel-style accommodation in Kaikoura on South Island. With 6 exquisite guest rooms, a stand alone spacious apartment and 5 luxury treehouses, you cannot help but to fall in love with the deep, calming silence of peaceful nights spent here.
Hapuku’s tree houses are perched 40 feet above ground, with windows in almost all directions, in the canopy of a splendid Manuka grove. The accommodation options in the beautifully decorated main lodge consist of two well appointed Lodge Suites, the Hapuku Room and the lodge room. Each are ultra spacious, deep soaking Japanese bath tubs and a patio or balcony. The Olive House Suite is a freestanding suite and ideal for families as it can sleep 2 adults and 3 children. All rooms and suites are light-filled spaces inspired by nature, with unobstructed views of Kaikoura’s mountains, fertile pastures, native bush and the Pacific Ocean.
Nestled between the Kaikoura Seaward Mountain Range and famed Mangamaunu Bay in a 600-hectare estate, Hapuku Lodge is situated in one of the most spectacular settings in New Zealand. The lodge is idyllically just 10 minutes north of New Zealand’s eco-marine town of Kaikoura and the waters off this coast are extremely rich in marine life. Hapuku Lodge serves as the perfect base camp from which to undertake a marine safari.
Whale watching, giant albatross encounters, playful dolphin and sea swimming, sea kayaking and deep-sea fishing are possible all year round. And if you’re feeling like going of on your own, you can always grab a bike and explore the local by-ways.
Hapuku Lodge & Tree House Information
- Location: 12km north of Kaikoura, a town situated half way between Picton and Christchurch. A 15 minute drive from Kaikoura airport, a 2hour 30-minute drive from Christchurch airport and a 1hr 30-minute drive from Blenheim airport. Kaikoura is a 10-minute drive from the lodge.
- Accommodation: 12 rooms and suites including Tree House suites, main lodge suites and the Olive House Suite.
- Activities: Marine safari, whale watching, sea kayaking, night sky tour, surfing, Maori tours, hiking, skiing, 4-wheel driving, dolphin encounters, golfing.
- Weather: Pleasant year-round, best time for water activities is between the warmer summer months of December and April. The best time for skiing is from June to August.
- Children: Welcome. The two bedroom Treehouse is a good family option as is the Olive House Suite. Children under 12 are not permitted in the main lodge rooms. The restaurant offers a children’s menu.