Nelson, New Zealand
Set in delightful cottage gardens overlooking the Waimea Inlet in Nelson on the Monaco Peninsula, Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco is a unique boutique property offering superb accommodation and facilities including a swimming pool, gymnasium, and onsite businesses – Paul Harris Jewellers and About Beauty with its three treatment rooms. The hotel has spectacular sunset views and is situated only a few minutes’ drive from Nelson airport on New Zealand’s South Island.
Built from bricks and timber recycled from the Nelson Wharf, this waterfront hotel combines traditional English village style with modern comforts, it will appeal to travellers seeking an elegant and private escape in extensive gardens.
The hotel provides over 80 elegant and spacious rooms, studios and cottages. The self-contained cottages are charming, each beautifully furnished and featuring French doors opening onto the Village Green, the stream or a private courtyard. Family accommodation is available.
The Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco is home to The Monaco Kitchen restaurant where you can enjoy fine local and international cuisine in relaxed and contemporary surroundings as you admire the views from within the restaurant or in the surrounding courtyard.
The hotel makes the ideal base from which to explore the diverse Nelson Tasman region – there are golf courses, wineries, cycle-ways and art galleries aplenty. An array of thrilling experiences can be arranged including a private heli-charter, wine tours, horse riding, quad biking, skydiving or a cruise in the Abel Tasman National Park.
Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Information
- Location: 7-10 minute drive from Nelson Airport
- Accommodation: 80+ rooms, studios and cottages
- Activities: Private heli charter, wine tours, cycle tours, horse riding, quad biking, skydiving, cruise in the Abel Tasman National Park, nearby golf courses, art galleries and wineries
- Facilities: Gymnasium, health and beauty spa, beauty salon, swimming pool, restaurant, business and conference facilities
- Weather: The best months to travel are between September and May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 150 for 1 night in a Hotel Room, for two pax