Wahiba Sands, Oman
Set in the most spectacular setting amongst the magnificent sand dunes in Wahiba Sands in Muscat, Oman, Desert Nights Camp is a luxury retreat offering an intimate and unforgettable experience without compromising on luxury. It will appeal to adventure-seekers looking for a romantic and tranquil getaway. Children are welcome but there are no specific facilities for them.
This permanent camp has 26 Bedouin-style tents that are simply stunning. Each tent opens onto the remarkable red-gold landscape and features lavish air-conditioned interiors, king-size canopy beds and luxurious bathrooms with hot water showers. There are also four non-tented rooms and two family tents.
Dining at Desert Nights Camp is a culinary adventure. Experience authentic Omani cuisine in an enchanting setting as you dine under the stars, try a sumptuous barbecue feast around a campfire or enjoy a romantic meal in the privacy of your tent.
Sunset camel safaris, dune bashing, quad biking and sandboarding are just some of the exhilarating adventures to be had during your stay. The staff can also arrange visits to the local Souk and other nearby attractions. After a busy day, the bar is the perfect spot to unwind on cushioned sacks with a cocktail in hand.
Desert Nights Camp Information
- Location:Al Wasil, 2 hour drive from Muscat International Airport.
- Accommodation:24 Double Tented Suites, 2 Family Tented Suites and 4 Standard Rooms (non-tented).
- Activities:Sunset camel safaris, dune bashing, quad biking, sandboarding, visits to souks, trekking.
- Facilities:Air conditioning, restaurant, lounge, souvenir shop, Wifi, private BBQ.
- Weather:From October to May it is good weather and dry. From June to September extreme temperatures and 90% humidity.
- Children:Welcome but no specific facilities.