Located in the peaceful Palmeraie area of Marrakech, Morocco, at the gateway to the Sahara Desert, Amanjena is the first Aman resort on the African continent. Set within an oasis of palms and olive trees, this luxury resort is exceptionally stylish and offers a serene paradise away from the city. Moorish heritage is reflected throughout the pisé-walled resort, which echoes the style of a sultan’s palace, complete with impeccable service and first class facilities. Families are welcome and there is a shallow pool, children’s menus, and babysitting can be arranged.
39 stunning and incredibly spacious rooms radiate out from the ancient basin, in the heart of the resort. They include 32 Pavilions and six two-storey Maisons. All feature Moroccan décor, king-size beds, lavish bathrooms and courtyards, while some have their own pools. Pavilions Piscine are most suited to families. For an exceptionally indulgent experience, the two-bedroom Al-Hamra Maison is the epitome of luxury with indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, an open fireplace and private butler service, as well as a heated pool.
Amanjena offers an array of gastronomic experiences. The Restaurant, framed by onyx columns, specialises in authentic Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine; The Thai Restaurant offers fine dining poolside; and romantic private dinners in the Caidal Tent can be arranged.
Explore the ancient city of Marrakech on foot, bicycle or by car. The hotel can arrange guided excursions if required. In Summer, head into the Atlas Mountains for a high altitude picnic with breath-taking views or explore the traditional Berber villages. The quaint seaside town of Essaouira on the Atlantic coast is a worthwhile day trip.
Amanjena is the ideal destination to relax and unwind. Play tennis, hit the gym, enjoy some quiet time in the library or indulge in a treatment at the spa, a peaceful sanctuary with two hammams. There are also two golf courses nearby.
- Location:Marrakech, 20 minutes from the airport – private transfers included. Casablanca Airport is also 2.5 hours drive away.
- Accommodation:39 rooms and suites
- Activities:Cultural tours, medina spa, hiking, biking, beauty treatments, golf, Adgal gardens.
- Facilites: Restaurant, swimming pool, bar, fumoir, library, boutique, spa, tennis courts, bicycles.
- Weather: April – June is the best time to go, as well as September and October. July and August are very hot (can be over 100 degrees!) and from November to February there is a high chance of rain.
- Children:Welcome. Has a shallow pool, children’s menu and babysitting services.