Explore China’s backyard and unearth the stunning areas around Guilin, trek the Moon Mountain and eat meals with the locals in Yangshuo, all whilst staying in top-quality accommodation with awe-inspiring views.
Day 1: Arrival in Guilin
You’ll be met at the airport by a Lightfoot representative who will take you to your hotel, the Shangri-La Guilin. The distinct Chinese-style architecture and view over the crystal-clear Li River is a fascinating sight to behold and their indulgent hospitality is impressive.
Stay: Shangri-la Guilin
Day 2: Excursion to Moon Mountain
Take a cruise along the Li River and enjoy lunch on the boat. Having eaten, begin a bike tour to the Moon Mountain. Although the ride is quite short, the climb up to the peak combined with intense humidity can make the trip rather challenging. The views of the Sugar Loaf Mountain ‘forest’ below are second to none and well worth the climb.
Enjoy the evening show performed for you by local fishermen acting out intimate scenes from rural life by dressing up in traditional costumes of the minorities of the region.
Stay: Yangshuo Resort
Day 3: From Guilin to Yangshuo
Arrive at the luxuriously kitted out Yangshuo Resort situated on the Yulong River. Head by car to the small village of Yangdi just 15 miles away and stroll through the local countryside. You will cross the Li River by ferry at times and have lunch cooked for you in a local’s home.
End in the ancient village of Xingping which is known for its old Ming and Qing Dynasty houses and for its lively market.
Later, head back to Yangshuo where you’ll be treated to a foot massage, a fitting reward for a day’s trekking. Sturdy shoes are a must!
Stay: Yangshuo Resort
Day 4: Departure
Spend this morning exploring Yangshuo’s ‘West Road’ where you’ll find the majority of the town’s bars, restaurants and boutiques. Enjoy an authentic ride of the Jade Dragon River aboard a local bamboo raft amongst the stone mountains and next to local fishermen.
After checking out, meet your driver for you transfer back to Guilin Airport.
|Day 1:||Arrival in Guilin||Shangri-la Guilin|
|Day 2:||Excursion to Moon Mountain||Yangshuo Resort|
|Day 3:||From Guilin to Yangshuo||Yangshuo Resort|
- Accommodation as per above itinerary in twin share/double rooms with daily Buffet Breakfast included
- Private air-conditioned coach for all transfer and sightseeing
- English Speaking local guide service
- Entrance fee to all tourist sites as per above itinerary
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International airfares
- Visa (if applicable)
- Gratuity to guides, drivers and porters
- Personal expenses
- Early check-in or late check-out
- Overweight luggage
- Travel insurance (please note that this is required for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 1,800 for two persons based on two guests travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant