Okavango Delta, Botswana
This intimate camp exudes luxury in the bush. Situated in the enviable position in a private concession, bordering the Moremi Game Reserve nestled in the extreme north of the Okavango Delta.
Encompassing a wide variety of habitats, Vumbura Plains Camp is the perfect base to view just about every animal that occurs in the Okavango Delta biome. Luxuriously situated in an exclusive concession, the camp hosts two separate 7-roomed satellite camps, raised off the ground on wooden decks. Each spacious room comprises of a bedroom, lounge, shower, plunge pool, full en-suite bathroom and comfortable ‘sala’. Magnificent views across the spectacular Okavango Delta floodplains are also feature of each room.
Close to the Okavango’s outermost open savannahs and also boasting scenic waterways within its surrounding area, the Vumbura Plains Camp offers both land and water activities. While game viewing is the main attraction here, birding, walks, fishing, mokoro’s and boating add on to the experience, showing you different perspectives of an African Safari. You might even get the rare opportunity to see the red Lechwe and Sable antelope on the same drive.
Vumbura Plains Camp Information
- Location: Okavango Delta, north of the Moremi Game Reserve. A 35-minute light aircraft flight from Maun to Vumbura Airstrip, followed by a 10-minute drive and then a 5 minute boat trip to reach camp.
- Accommodation: North and South camp, with 7 rooms in each camp.
- Facilities: Star gazing deck, library, outside sitting areas.
- Activities: Game drives, mokoro, walking safari, boating, birding, fishing.
- Weather: Best to go during the high season months from May to September when there is less rainfall and game viewing is at its best. However, as this is winter, early mornings and evenings are cold.
- Children: 8-11 year olds cannot go on the game drives (you are required to book your own private 4X4). However, children over the age of 8 are welcome at the camp.