Occupying its own private peninsula where coconut palm groves are fringed by white sand and pristine sea, the One & Only le Saint Géran is one of the best-known and most sought-after hotels in Mauritius.
166 spacious suites each with terrace or balcony face the Indian Ocean and the sugarcane plantations on the mountainsides beyond. Le Saint Géran also offers one two-bedroom villa with a private pool and 24-hour Villa Host.
Immaculately manicured gardens contain the resort’s extensive facilities, including the One & Only Spa and the 9-hole golf course designed by Gary Player. Meanwhile, the idyllic setting means that water sports can be enjoyed in the naturally sheltered lagoon.
If and when you’ve had your fill of the pools and beaches, avail yourself of all the complimentary water sports on offer, or treat yourself to some expert water ski and kite-surfing tuition. Dry land offers entertainment in the form of golf, tennis, and hiking trails or excursions to nearby botanical gardens and nature reserves.
When it’s time to eat, guests at One & Only Le Saint Géran are spoilt for choice. The innovative menus at Rasoi by Vineet restaurant are designed by Michelin-starred chef Vineet Bhatia and food is served right at the water’s edge. At Prime, contemporary décor complements modern steakhouse grills and fresh seafood. Alternatively, choose casual poolside dining at La Terrasse or a snack or light lunch at either the Pool Bar or the Golf Club Bar.
Families at One & Only Le Saint Géran can book one of four two-room ocean suites and take full advantage of the KidsOnly club (3-11 years), which is complimentary for hotel guests. Here, daily programmes and activities include gardening in the resort’s herb garden, and there are movie and computer rooms, a large outdoor swimming pool, grass play area, and sand pit for toddlers.
One&Only Le Saint Geran Information
- Location:Pointe de Flacq, 1hour drive from the airport.
- Accommodation:166 Suites and 1 Villa.
- Facilities:In-room multimedia entertainment systems, satellite flat screen television, DVD/CD player, 24-hour room service, in-room business services (multi-adaptor, fax/computer hook-up, modem phone-jack and three-phone, two-line communication system), iPod docking station, Wi-Fi, spa including a full-service beauty centre and nail studio, synthetic grass tennis courts, Gary Player-designed 9-hole course, KidsOnly Club.
- Activities:Scuba diving, golf, tennis, yoga, beach volleyball, water-skiing, kayaking, snorkeling, glass bottom boat trips, visit local attractions such as Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden, L’Aventure du Sucre and Chamarel.
- Weather:Mauritius enjoys a perennial sunny climate, with the daytime coastal temperature varying from 22oC / 72oF in winter (May to November), to 31oC / 88oF in the summer months (December to April). It rains more heavily in summer, although the showers tend to be rather brief.
- Children:Welcome, a KidsOnly Club provides engaging and enriching activities for all children ages 3 to 11 years. Children under three years old must always be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Baby-sitters are available at a nominal charge.