Set on the epic wildebeest migratory route, Sabora Tented Camp offers you front-row seats to the exclusive eco-safari of Singita Grumeti Reserves.
Singita Sabora Tented Camp is modelled on a dreamy explorers’ camp from the 1920s that transports you back in time as you enter the luxurious Bedouin-style tents. Decorated with plush Persian rugs, wooden campaign furniture, old leather travel chests, and romantic drapes; the camp evokes a unique classical charm. The main tent houses an immaculate lounge that is littered with antique leather chests, sofas and snug throws and books, perfect for unwinding in between game drives.
Take in the sights of an abundance of species that reside on its grounds, from the unique sable antelopes and patas monkeys to the magnificent lions, cheetahs and leopards, as well as endearing zebra and more. Whip out your binoculars and feel the life on the vast Sabora plains as you laze on the deck with plush cushions and delicious canapés to replenish your energy levels.
Spacious four-poster beds invite you to escape into a world of old-world luxury. Adding on to this enthralling experience, fantastic dinners prepared with locally grown organics, are enjoyed under romantic lamp-lit acacia trees with glittery night skies and the sounds of the nocturnal wildlife in the backdrop.
Singita Sabora Tented Camp Information
- Location: Singita Game Reserves. 1.5-hour flight from Kilimanjaro International Airport, 1.5-hour flight from Arusha Airport. 8-hour drive from Arusha for those wishing to drive.
- Accommodation: 9 luxury colonial-style tents.
- Facilities: Spa and gym facilities, WiFi, satellite TV in main tents, swimming pool, bar lounge, DVD player and library, viewing desk.
- Activities: Daily game drives, balloon safari, archery, stargazing, mountain biking, tennis.
- Weather: Best to visit between June to September for migration, long rains fall between March to May, and October to December. January and February days are generally warm.
- Children: Welcome over the age of 10. Children under 18 years pay 50% of the adult rate when sharing a double room. Family Suite (interconnecting tents available). Game drives and walks with children are at the discretion of the guide.