Set in lush, landscaped gardens within the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Al Bandar lies close to the beach and is the focal point of the resort. This magnificent hotel’s ornate architecture is inspired by old Muscat. It will appeal to those looking for a peaceful and luxurious retreat with all the facilities expected from a larger resort. Al Bandar is family-friendly and the hotel has its own children’s pool. There is also a kids’ club and teens’ club at Al Waha Hotel.
Each of the 198 spacious rooms at this luxury hotel is elegantly designed with contemporary Arabian décor. All rooms are sea-facing and feature a balcony or terrace. Opulent Speciality Suites come with huge balconies and stunning bathrooms, and are ideal for those seeking the utmost luxury.
Al Bandar is home to an array of first class restaurants offering a wide variety of cuisine. Sample Middle Eastern and Indian delights, Italian delicacies, pizzas served poolside or fresh seafood served in a prime location by the beach. You can also dine at any of the other outlets within the complex.
Soak up the sun on half-immersed sunbeds in the stunning pool or on the golden sand beach, or take a leisurely ride along the Lazy River to Al Waha, Enjoy all the other facilities within the resort, including five other pools, a fitness centre, spa and tennis courts. As well as trying the wide variety of watersports, you can explore spectacular dive sites, charter a boat to hidden bays, go on a sunset cruise or go dolphin and whale-watching.
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Al Bandar Information
- Location:Beachfront, Muscat. 40 minute drive from Muscat International Airport.
- Accommodation:198 rooms and suites.
- Activities:Pilates, personal trainer, yoga, watersports, tennis, volleyball, sailing, windsurfing, diving, snorkelling, dolphin watching.
- Facilities:Infinity pool, fitness centre, private beach, tennis courts, restaurants, jacuzzi.
- Weather:From October to May it is good weather and dry. From June to September extreme temperatures and 90% humidity.
- Children:Family friendly with own kid’s pool and kid’s club in neighbouring Al Waha.