Napier & Hawke's Bay
Greenhill Lodge is an historic country house hotel situated on a hilltop within 73 acres of lush farmland, close to Napier. It enjoys an enviable location in the heart of Hawke’s Bay wine country, a one-hour flight from Auckland in New Zealand’s North Island. Charming and elegant, this luxury boutique hotel offers tailor-made service and excellent facilities, and it commands stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Greenhill Lodge is the ideal base from which to explore the region and will appeal couples and families looking for an tranquil and private retreat.
The lodge accommodates up to 12 guests and is only available to hire on an exclusive basis, meaning you have the entire estate to enjoy and explore as you wish. Children are welcome and there’s plenty of space for them to run around.
Greenhill Lodge features five elegant and spacious rooms with king-size beds and expansive bathrooms. Most rooms come with wide verandas and impressive views over gardens. There is also a two-bed cottage for those seeking maximum privacy and seclusion.
The lodge showcases food and fine wines from around the regions. Enjoy breakfast on your terrace, gourmet picnics and four-course lavish dinners, tailored to your preferences.
Greenhill Lodge specialises in tailor-made wine and food excursions to wineries and gourmet farmers’ markets. Other activities include mountain biking, nature walks and croquet. The Art Deco town of Napier is also worth exploring. At the end of the day, relax with a glass of wine in the enchanting gardens or in front of the log fire by the outdoor pool. Greenhill Lodge also has a spa, a gym, a billiards room and a unique viewing turret complete with its own telescope.
Greenhill Lodge Information
- Location: East on North Island, 5.5 hours from Auckland Airport
- Accommodation: Lodge room, Lodge Suite, the Cottage
- Activities: Billiards & snooker, croquet, petanque, equestrian, clay pigeon shooting, visit produce markets, art deco, golf, Cape Kidnappers Safaris, helicopter touring, fly fishing
- Facilities: Billiard room, viewing turret, gym, swimming pool, log fireplace, garden, library
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 655 per night (2 guests)