Vomo Island, Fiji
Vomo Island Resort is situated at the top of the Mamanucas, 15 minutes by helicopter or seaplane from Fiji’s main international airport. You can also get there by boat, which takes approximately an hour. Nestled in lush vegetation and surrounding by soft, sandy beaches and sparkling, aquamarine waters, this enchanting, 225-acre, private island paradise is the epitome of island chic.
Offering impeccable service and superb facilities including a restaurant, two bars, a spa, a fitness centre, a pool and a 9-hole golf course, Vomo Island Resort will appeal to honeymooners, couples and families seeking an unforgettable and relaxing escape in an idyllic setting.
Vomo Island Resort provides 28 spacious and lavishly appointed villas and two spectacular private residences nestled discretely amid the tropical gardens. These ultra-chic villas combine authentic Fijian touches with European elegance and feature king-size beds, spa baths and private sundecks. Choose from Beachfront Villas or Villas on the Hill, which offer maximum privacy and spectacular views. Interconnecting beach villas are available for families. For those wanting to indulge, the four-bedroom Residence is sublime and comes with the added luxury of butler service.
Enjoy mouthwatering gourmet cuisine served poolside or on the beach at The Reef Restaurant. Private dinners can also be arranged. Each week, a traditional Meke and Lovo night is put on and you can experience authentic Fijian cooking and sample Kava, the traditional drink of Fiji.
There are a multitude of activities on offer including glass bottom kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, tennis and golf. Relax under a coconut tree, laze by the pool, be pampered with a massage at the spa, hike up Mount Vomo or take a short boat ride to Vomo Lailai for a romantic picnic. Deep-sea fishing, island hopping or surfing at Cloudbreak can also be arranged. At the end of the day, sip a cocktail at The Rocks Bar as you watch the sun go down.
Vomo Island Resort caters exceptionally well to families. There is a dedicated ‘Kids Village’ for younger guests featuring an under-4’s room, a kitchen for cooking classes and large outdoor areas. Baby butlers and nannies are available. There is also a spa menu for kids.
Vomo Island Resort Information
- Location: 15 minutes by helicopter or seaplane from Fiji’s main international airport.
- Accommodation: 28 Villas and 2 Private Residences
- Facilities: Restaurant, two bars, Spa, fitness centre, pool, 9-hole golf course, Kids Village
- Activities: Glass bottom kayaking, windsurfing, snorkeling, tennis, golf, deep-sea fishing, island hopping, surfing at Cloudbreak, picnics
- Children: Welcome. Dedicated baby butlers and nannies for kids available.
- Weather: Mild tropical weather year-round, ideal to visit during dry months of May to October
- Price Guide: From USD 1000 for 1 night in a Garden Villa, for two pax
Looking for something different? Check out other regions around Fiji for further inspiration.