Set on the banks of Chao Phraya River in Bangkok’s royal Dusit district in three acres of sprawling gardens, The Siam Hotel is a luxury urban resort with real wow factor. This romantic riverside retreat is like no other in Bangkok, and will appeal to discerning travellers looking for a lavish and unique experience.
Conceived by Krissada Sukosol Clapp and globally acclaimed architect and designer Bill Bensley, The Siam is Art Deco-inspired with a treasure trove of antiques reflecting Siamese culture and history.
As well as its own speedboat and private pier, the hotel has 39 of Bangkok’s most spacious suites and the only pool villas in the capital, as well as a uniquely historical Thai House, Connie’s Cottage. All rooms are fitted with plush furnishings, super-sized beds and high ceilings. Butler service is included.
Breakfasts are delicious and are served in Deco Bar & Bistro, The Siam’s main restaurant. For the finest local specialities, try Chon, the Thai restaurant on the river. Afternoon tea at Café Cha is not to be missed.
Explore Bangkok by boat from the hotel pier, be pampered with a treatment at their spa followed by time in the Hammam-inspired Bath House, relax in the sleek-looking pool or unwind with a cocktail at the riverfront bar. You can try Yoga, Tai Chi and even Muay Thai in the hotel’s boxing ring and there’s a screening room. For a lesson in Thai culinary delights, the hotel has excellent cooking school.
Whilst children are welcome and babysitters can be arranged, this property is more suited to those travelling without children.
The Siam Hotel is part of the independently owned and managed Sukosol Hotels.
The Siam Information
- Location: Bangkok, 45min drive to Suvarnabhumi international airport
- Accomodation: 39 rooms
- Facilities: Gym, library, meeting room, spa, private pier, screening room, infinity pool, hair and nail salon, steam & sauna, bathhouse, antique gift shop/art gallery
- Activities: Muay thai, yoga, tai-chi, river excursions, tours, cooking classes
- Weather: Tropical climate with driest weather from November to April
- Children: Welcome, Children’s splash pool available.