Manda Island, Kenya
Placed on the exclusive Manda Island, in front of the renowned Lamu archipelago on Kenya’s North Coast in East Africa, the Majlis is a small, luxury beach resort offering elegant accommodation that evokes East African Heritage, with a contemporary twist.
The Majlis is a 25-room boutique hotel with the ambience, comfort and intimacy of a private home. Each of this beachfront hotel’s 25 superbly-appointed suites features a traditionally high beamed ceiling and private terrace offering spectacular seafront views over the Ras Kitau Bay and Shela Village. Air conditioned and tastefully designed, all suites boast a generous en-suite bathroom and classic ‘baraza’ seating area.
Indulge in the soothing ease and atmosphere of the Majlis: beach comb your days away at the beautiful beaches, pamper yourself with a relaxing ayurvedic treatment at the wellness center or dine at the open-fronted makuti thatched restaurant for a taste of the best blend of local ingredients and international cuisine.
And if you’re an adventure-hungry traveller, the Majlis has many activities to whet your appetite with as well – follow the boat captain on a reef and river creek fishing trip or try your hand at some watersports at the Lamu Archipelago, or experience the best of Kenya’s bush on a game drive safari to Lake Kenyatta. The Majlis provides you with all you need to make the most of the archipelago’s charm and beauty.
The Majlis Information
- Location: Manda Island in the Lamu archipelago on Kenya’s Northern Coast, only accessible by boat (10 minute boat ride from Lamu Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Accomodation: 25 Air-conditioned suites including superior rooms, deluxe rooms, family room, junior suite and royal suite
- Facilities: 2 pools, 2 bars, restaurant, gym, massage services, wellness centre
- Activities: Fishing, boat excursions, boat & mainland safaris, transfer & scenic flights, water sports, snorkelling, diving, cultural excursions
- Weather: best time to visit is July to September, avoid rainy seasons in April – May
- Children: Children welcomed, with a host of activities available to entertain them