Galle, Sri Lanka
High on a hill, The Dutch House has magnificent views of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Galle Fort and has set the pace in redefining luxury accommodation for the individual traveller in Sri Lanka.
Highly exclusive with just four suites, this country house built in 1712 ensures complete privacy for its guests. Each bedroom is fully air conditioned with a mosquito net draped over the four poster beds. The bedrooms lead into private sitting room which contains comfortable sofas and writing desks with views over the magnificent Galle Fort. There is also an English tropical garden complete with croquet lawn and infinity pool providing plenty of space for guests to find their own little areas to unwind.
The Dutch House is the ultimate blend of space and privacy in one of Ceylon’s most well-preserved historic mansions. This retreat is perfect for those looking for lazy days spent lounging by the pool with trips to the Fort for a spot of shopping or lunch.
The food at The Dutch House is fantastic and the chef offers an array of delicious traditional Sri Lankan dishes as well as English breakfasts and other international favourites. Dinner is a delight at the next door Sun House, relax in Dick’s Bar beforehand for a drink followed by a delicious dinner of some of the best food in Sri Lanka.
The Dutch House Information
- Location: Hillside location with views over Galle. 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accommodation: 4 suites in a historic mansion.
- Activities: Easy distance to Galle and the stunning south coast beaches.
- Facilites: Croquet lawn, infinity pool, massage / yoga, large tropical garden.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome.