Six Senses Zighy Bay is a luxury hideaway located on the northern Musandam Peninsula in the Sultanate of Oman, two hours from Dubai. Set in spectacular isolation, with dramatic mountains to one side and a kilometre long sandy beach on the other, this hotel will appeal to couples and families looking for an exclusive and private hideaway. First class facilities include a variety of restaurants and bars, the renowned Six Senses Spa and two main pools.
Arriving at Six Senses Zighy Bay is far from ordinary. Guests can choose to arrive by a scenic four-wheel drive from the top of the mountain overlooking the bay; make a grand entrance with a tandem paraglide, an experience that should not be missed; or you can arrive by speedboat from a neighbouring bay.
This luxurious all-villa property is built out of natural stone and wood, its design inspired by a traditional Omani Village. The 82 oversized villas are simple, yet terribly stylish and feature stunning bathrooms and luxury amenities. All come with a pool and a butler for maximum pampering. The Duplex Villas are ideal for families.
Choose from a multitude of fine dining options featuring Arabian and international cuisine. A romantic dinner at Sense on the Edge, a mountain top restaurant with views over Zighy Bay, is a must. Another highlight is a traditional Bedouin communal dining experience with under sand cooking at Shua Shack.
There’s plenty to do for adventure seekers in and around Six Senses Zighy Bay. Flying a microlight aircraft, off-roading, hiking and water-skiing are just some of the activities on offer. The area also offers incredible diving and snorkeling opportunities. Less energetic alternatives include a sunset cruise, watching a family movie on the beach under the stars, or learning Arabic cooking. The hotel also offers the unique experience of Whale Shark watching, from January to March. For those wanting complete relaxation, Six Senses Spa offers an array of holistic treatments and wellness experiences.
Children are well catered for at Six Senses Zighy Bay. There’s a kids club for children aged four to 12 with a daily programme of activities and a teen club. Babysitting can be arranged and there’s an excellent kids menu.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Musandam into a greater Oman and Middle-Eastern holiday. Take a look at Oman Cultural Tour as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Six Senses Zighy Bay Information
- Location: Musandam Peninsula, 2 hour drive from Dubai International Airport (DXB).
- Accommodation: Around 80 rooms, villas and private suites, all with private infinity pools and beach access
- Activities: Paragliding, mountain biking, hiking, off-road driving, game fishing, canyoning, rock climbing, watersports, scuba diving and snorkelling.
- Facilities:Extensive traditional spa treatments, swimming pools, 2 bars, 3 restaurants, exclusive Zighy souk, library with Wifi, onsite nurse, gym, private beach, art shop, business centre. 24hr room service.
- Weather:Best travel time – November to April.
- Children: Welcome. Children under 6 stay and eat for free, and discounts available for children aged 7-11.