Porto and Northern Portugal, Portugal
Six Senses Douro Valley is located in a superbly renovated 19th century manor house. Set up on a hill and overlooking the vine covered hills of the Douro Valley and river, the stunning property will be intimate and boasts only 41 rooms, 9 suites and 7 villas – some of which are decked with private pools & gardens. All accommodations boast super views over the sprawling landscape.
Located in the heart of the valley, the world’s oldest demarcated wine region and also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Six Senses Douro Valley boasts an interactive and instructional wine library. With its very own organic garden, dining at the property will be a celebration of the region’s produce.
The Six Senses Spa is an impressive 2,200 square meter sanctuary for relaxation with 10 treatment rooms, a heated outdoor pool and fully equipped gym.
Wine is at the heart of the region, and Six Senses Douro Valley offers numerous activities relating to the region’s most prized possession: wine & dine river cruises can be arrange, go on a oenology course, visit nearby wineries and (once a year) stomp grapes during the harvest.
Six Senses Douro Valley Information
- Location: 90-minute drive from International Airport Francisco Sá Carneiro in Porto
- Accommodation: 41 rooms, 9 suites and 7 villas
- Facilities: Six Senses Spa with 10 treatment rooms, a heated outdoor pool and fully equipped gym, restaurants, wine library, tapas bar, tennis court
- Activities: Wine & dine river cruises, oenology course, wineries visits, art & cultural excursions, bird watching
- Weather: High season is through June and July, with peak season over Easter, August, during the Harvest period in early September, August, and New Year