Nestled at the foot of the mountains, not far from Muscat, Al Waha is Oman’s first dedicated family hotel. This superb hotel is the largest of three luxury hotels at Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa. Al Waha has a fun and informal atmosphere with excellent facilities for all the family.
All 262 spacious and stylish rooms and suites feature contemporary interiors decorated with traditional Omani artworks. Each room includes a balcony or terrace offering spectacular views across the Gulf of Oman. Interconnecting Family Rooms come with extras such as DVD players and PlayStations. For those wanting maximum luxury, impressive Speciality Suites are expansive with separate living rooms and dining areas.
Al Waha offers superb gourmet dining options. Sample international delights prepared in a live kitchen at Samba and enjoy child-friendly casual dining at Surf Café. Beachside restaurant Bait Al Bahr serves an array of fresh seafood dishes and offers stunning views across the bay. You can also dine at any of the other restaurants within the resort.
The hotel is the ideal choice for families as it offers an array of superb facilities for children, including a kids’ club for up to ten year olds and various pools for young ones. Babysitting can also be arranged. There’s also an adventure play area and entertainment centre for older ones within the resort complex.
Take a slow ride along the Lazy River to Al Bandar, head to the beach, play tennis or hit the gym. There are plenty of water sports available and the diving and snorkelling is magnificent.
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah, Al Waha Hotel Information
- Location:Beachfront, Muscat. 40 minute drive from Muscat International Airport.
- Accommodation:262 rooms and suites.
- Activities:Pilates, personal trainer, yoga, watersports, tennis, volleyball, sailing, windsurfing, diving, snorkelling, dolphin watching.
- Facilities:Infinity pool, fitness centre, private beach, tennis courts, restaurants, jacuzzi.
- Weather:From October to May it is good weather and dry. From June to September extreme temperatures and 90% humidity.
- Children:Incredibly family friendly with own kid’s pool and kid’s club, child friendly dining.