Selinda Reserve, Botswana
Characterised by its game-rich floodplains, the exclusive Selinda Camp has the enviable location on the banks of the dynamic eastern Selinda Spillway between Okavango Delta and Chobe National Park, an area teeming with wildlife. The ‘home away from home’ atmosphere at the camp, created by an intimate number of tents, makes for an authentic bush camp with many extra special features.
Each of Selinda Camp’s 9 beautifully appointed tents are set under cool thatched canopies, raised a metre off the ground, offering extraordinary views over the Selinda Reserve. Unbelievably comfortable beds dressed in the finest linen are draped with mosquito nets to complete the romantic atmosphere. Ceiling fans circulate the African breeze and large verandahs extend into the bush, providing each tent with its own private Africa. The main camp area comprises of a series of expansive decks where you can sample a tantalizing three-course dinner under the stars or just enjoy a relaxing brunch, whilst soaking up the spectacular views of the passing herds of game. After a hot and dusty game drive enjoy the refreshing water in the plunge pool, tucked away from the main area – an ideal afternoon retreat to while away the afternoon siesta.
Daily activities at Selinda Camp include morning, afternoon and night game drives with your highly qualified guide in 4X4 land cruisers and exhilarating game walks from the camp are offered to get to know some of Selinda’s smaller creatures. Night drives allow you to see nocturnal species such as porcupine, springhare and possibly leopard and Selinda’s floodplains are host to a tremendous diversity of game such as antelopes, zebra, cheetah, wild dog, lion and dry season elephant concentrations as well as more than 300 species of birds. Or spend your time simply sitting quietly in a hide, discovering the wildlife in front of you.
Selinda Camp Information
- Location: Within the 32,000-acre private Selinda Reserve in northern Botswana
- Accommodation: 9 luxury tents, sleeping a total of 18 guests
- Facilities: Art gallery and library, curio shop, in-room massages, plunge pool
- Activities: Boating (when water levels permit), fishing, 4X4 game drives, guided wildlife bush walks
- Weather: Best time to visit Botswana is from April to October
- Children: Children above 8 years old welcome. Different meal times can be arranged to suit the children.