British Virgin Islands, Caribbean
Situated in the unspoilt British Virgin Islands, Necker Island, a stunning 74-acre private-island paradise belonging to Sir Richard Branson. This ultimate tropical escape is surrounded by sparkling waters, coral reefs and sandy beaches, and has attracted many famous faces since its opening in 1979. This dreamy island can be hired exclusively for up to 30 adults and will appeal to those looking for an utterly indulgent island escape with unparalleled levels of service and superb facilities. If you don’t want to hire the entire island, you can still enjoy the Necker experience by booking individual rooms during certain weeks of the year.
Necker Island caters extremely well for families with children of all ages. Children’s meals can be provided and babysitting can be arranged.
The Great House is the newly rebuilt private home that has reopened following a two-year refurbishment after being destroyed by a fire. Based on the original design, this new alfresco-style Balinese villa offers eight spacious and super-stylish rooms, each with a king-size bed, balcony and indoor and outdoor showers. The Master Suite has panoramic views of the Caribbean, the Atlantic Ocean and neighbouring islands. It includes a Jacuzzi, outdoor bath and kitchenette with a fully stocked fridge. There’s a new bunk room that will sleep up to six kids. Six beautifully designed Bali Houses are dotted around the island offering the ideal secluded and romantic retreats.
The cuisine, prepared by Michelin-trained chefs, is one of the highlights on Necker Island. Guests can set the menu, the meal times and the location – beachside, poolside or under the stars.
Guests are spoilt for choice when it comes to activities and entertainment. Explore the island and its diverse wildlife including over 200 flamingos, take a dip in the pool or play tennis. As well as snorkelling, there’s a wide variety of watersports including sailing, kite surfing and waterskiing. Deep-sea fishing and scuba diving can also be arranged. Less energetic activities might include lounging in a beach hammock, sipping champagne in the rooftop Jacuzzi, or watching a movie in the Beach Pavilion. There is an outdoor spa that also offers treatments for four to 12 year olds.
Necker Island Information
- Location:British Virgin Islands, 35 min flight from Virgin Tortola.
- Accommodation:Sleeps up to thirty adults.
- Facilities:En suite rooms, full Spa, jacuzzi, pools, Michelin-starred chefs, tennis courts, spa.
- Activities:Kite surfing, sailing, wind surfing, kayaking, power boating, tennis, golf, wildlife exploration.
- Weather:The average monthly temperature in the British Virgin Islands ranges from highs of around 82°F (28°C) in January to highs of roughly 95°F (35°C) in July. In short, it’s hot and sunny pretty much all year round!
- Children:Welcome, children’s meals and babysitting can be arranged.