Wanaka, New Zealand
Located in a picturesque glacial valley in the heart of the Southern Alps, in the South Island, Minaret Station is New Zealand’s first luxury tented lodge. Accessible only by helicopter and offering unrivalled levels of comfort and style, Minaret Station will appeal to adventure-seekers looking for a unique and unforgettable wilderness experience in classic “Lord of the Rings” territory. Although children are welcome at the camp, it is suited to families with older children due to the lack of child-friendly facilities.
The camp offers four luxurious tented suites featuring wall-to-wall sheepskin carpets, super-king beds, heated floors, ensuite bathrooms and private decks with hot tubs. The cuisine at Minaret Lodge is superb with delicious meals prepared by a first class chef and accompanied by local fine wines.
There is a raft of exciting experiences available including hiking, wildlife-spotting, helicopter flights, jet-boating and fly-fishing. The staff will also be happy to arrange an alpine picnic in a secluded mountaintop location. The camp also offers cooking and art lessons. After a tiring day, simply unwind in front of an open fire in the Mountain Kitchen or enjoy a relaxing soak in the hot tub on your private deck as you watch the sun go down.
Minaret Station Information
- Location:15 minutes by helicopter from Wanaka.
- Accommodation:4 luxurious tented suites.
- Facilities:Restaurant, mountain kitchen, private decks, library, dining room, open fires, cellar.
- Activities:Wildlife tours, hiking, helicopter flights, jet-boating, fly-fishing, alpine picnics, cooking and art lessons.
- Weather:Summer is between November and early February. Winter is from June through to August.
- Children:Welcome, no specific facilities. More suited to older children.