Koggala, Sri Lanka
Yet another masterpiece from Sri Lanka’s architecture guru, the late Geoffrey Bawa, Mandalay sits amongst tropical gardens on the edge of Koggala Lake.
With Galle Fort just 15 minutes away and the beaches of Unawatuna and Koggala within walking distance, guests are in a prime position to experience all the richness of Sri Lanka’s vibrant southern heritage.
The property consists of two separate pavillions – one for sleeping and the other for dining and entertainment, and follows an open plan with large living paces, high ceilings, and verandas that overlook the 16 small islands scattered around the lake.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“Koggala was home to one of Sri Lanka’s most famous authors, Martin Wickramasinghe, whose books about life in Koggala and Madolduwa are still lovingly studied by school children island-wide.”
Mandalay Lake Villa Information
- Location: Lake Koggala. 15 minutes drive from Galle, 3-4 hour drive from Bandaranaike International Airport
- Accommodation: 3 double rooms
- Staff: Fully staffed including a chef
- Activities: Visit to historic Galle Fort, beaches, boat trips on the lake, fishing
- Facilites: 25m swimming pool, breakfast pontoon overlooking the lake
- Weather: Affected by the southwest monsoon in June/July and the northeast monsoon in late November and early December
- Children: Children welcome