Kizingo is the ultimate ‘no news, no shoes’ beach resort – a wonderful secluded and tranquil escape from the modern world.
The lodge is situated at one end of a spectacular 12-kilometre beach that stretches from Kizingo (which means ‘the point’ in Swahili) to the fashionable village of Shela.
Kizingo has eight beautifully appointed bandas (thatched cottages), set well apart from each other. In the early morning you can enjoy tea in bed and watch fishing dhows tack south to Malindi.
Guests can be as private or as social as they wish, opting to enjoy fine dining on the balcony of their banda or join other guests in the bar and the dining room with their magnficent views across the bay to mainland Kenya where giant baobab trees spread into the brilliant blue sky.
Kizingo Beach Hotel Information
- Location: Lamu, Kenya
- Accommodation: 8 beach bandas
- Activities: Kayaking, snorkel on coral reefs, swim with dolphins, turtle watch, visits to Lamu Town, Bush walks and sunset dhow trip.
- Facilities: A fantastic beach bar
- Weather: Closed 1st May to 30th June
- Children: All ages welcome