Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
Situated in a spectacular, man-made nature reserve amid reed beds and paddy fields, in the heart of Sri Lanka’s Cultural Triangle in the Hill Country, a few minutes from the rock fortress of Sigiriya, Jetwing Vil Uyana offers a unique approach to luxe eco-living. Inspired by local traditions, this family-owned, village-style hotel combines rustic charm with lavish modern comforts.
Offering attentive service, top-notch cuisine and superb facilities including two restaurants, two bars, an Ayurvedic spa, an outdoor swimming pool, a gym and a Yoga centre, this luxury boutique hotel will appeal to travellers seeking a unique and peaceful retreat. Children are welcome although there are no specific facilities for them. Babysitting is available on request.
The hotel provides 25 spacious and luxurious thatched cabanas in four different settings: on stilts over the water, in paddy fields, or in a jungle or garden setting. All accommodation features private decks and outdoor dining areas to make the most of the stunning natural surroundings. Some cabanas also come with a private plunge pool.
Jetwing Vil Uyana offers four unique dining options, each serving up innovative regional and international cuisine. Enjoy the magical experience of dining high up in the tree tops; or sample authentic Sri Lankan delights as you admire the views across the lake at fine dining restaurant, The Aspara. Th
There are plenty of activities and excursions on offer. Climb up to the summit of Sigiriya, the 8th wonder of the world, past ancient cave frescoes; visit the cave temple at Dambulla; or head out on an open-top jeep safari for the chance to spot elephants, leopards and monkeys. Excursions to Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa can also be arranged. Less energetic activities include a secluded picnic for two, meditation or indulging in a treatment at the spa.
Jetwing Vil Uyana is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Jetwing Vil Uyana Information
- Location: 4 hour drive from Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport
- Accommodation: 25 Cabanas
- Activities: Climb up to the summit of Sigiriya, the 8th wonder of the world, past ancient cave frescoes; visit the cave temple at Dambulla; head out on an open-top jeep safari for the chance to spot elephants, leopards and monkeys, excursions to Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa, secluded picnic for two
- Facilities: 2 restaurants, private dining, bar, spa, sauna, massage, wedding facilities
- Weather: Best time to visit is between December to April
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 530 for 1 night in a Marsh Dwelling, for two pax