Nestled among vineyards and olive groves on a 700-acre estate, in the heart of Tuscany in Northern Italy, Il Borro is a mediaeval village that has that has been carefully restored and transformed into an enchanting, resort-style retreat complete with a winery and blissful spa. It is located an hour from the international airport at Florence.
This luxury boutique hotel combines historic charm with contemporary comforts. Owned by the Ferragamo family, it will appeal to travellers seeking a romantic and exclusive escape.
Il Borro provides 22 spacious and individually designed suites and villas, which have retained their original features and feature classic Tuscan décor. The Royal Suite is ideal for those wishing to indulge and has its own huge, heated indoor pool. There are also three magnificent villas and five farmhouses catering for larger groups.
The hotel is home to two superb farm-to-table restaurants located in the village. Enjoy authentic Tuscan cuisine with a contemporary twist at Osteria del Borro and light lunches at Vin Café.
There are endless activities to suit all tastes. Play tennis; enjoy a game of golf; or explore the village and surrounding countryside on horseback, mountain bike or on foot. Il Borro’s winery is one of the oldest in Italy and it was here that the first recorded production of Chianti wine began. A tour of the cellars is available. A variety of excursions including visits to castles or a thrilling hot air balloon ride can also be arranged. After a busy day, indulge with a massage at the spa.
Il Borro is a Relais and Chateaux hotel.
Il Borro Information
- Location: 1 hours’ drive from Florence International Airport
- Accommodation: 22 Suites and Villas
- Activities: Tennis, golf, tour of wine cellars, excursions to castles, hot air balloon rides, explore the village and surrounding countryside on horseback, mountain bike or foot
- Facilities: Swimming pool, Spa, Sauna, Restaurant, Bar, Winery, Garden, Driving range, Tennis court, Football pitch, Business and conference facilities
- Weather: The climate in Tuscany is generally very mild. The warmest months are July and August, while June and September offer nice warm weather.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 610 for 1 night in a Deluxe One Bedroom Apartment, for two pax