Barcelona’s Hotel Omm has many labels; designer, gastronomic, spa. Located on a side street just off the Passeig de Gràcia, the city’s most expensive shopping street, it’s modern, minimalist without being intimidating, and very funky.
Hotel Omm has 91 rooms of which eight are suites. Each is sleek yet comfortable, with parquet flooring, colourful rugs and cushions, and high-tech gadgetry. Some overlook the Passeig de Gràcia while the rear-facing ones are naturally quieter, with small balconies overlooking the hotel’s interior courtyard.
In the informal Michelin starred Roca Moo restaurant, which overlooks Hotel Omm’s bamboo courtyard, choose to eat either at the counter or at a table. Moo serves superb modern yet traditional Catalan cuisine with a health-conscious angle, and offers diners half portions so that you can mix and match with your companion.
Hotel Omm’s Roca Bar – serving tapas and street food sharing platters – is in the hotel’s lobby and therefore buzzing with local office workers as well as hotel guests.
In the Spaciomm spa, natural materials and clean lines provide a relaxing, oriental feel. The heated indoor pool has a view of the garden, and there’s a hammam and gym too.
Hotel Omm also has an outdoor swimming pool, on the rooftop terrace, where there’s also a bar, all accompanied by fabulous views of some of Barcelona’s most iconic sights.
As if it weren’t all cool enough already, Hotel Omm has its own basement nightclub; Ommsession, popular with city residents and hotel guests.
Hotel Omm Information
- Location: Barceolona, about 25 minutes from Barcelona International Airport
- Accommodation: 91 Rooms and suites
- Facilities: 1 michelin starred-restaurants, bar, rooftop terrace, club, health & wellness centre, outdoor swimming pool, pilates room, hair salon, personal shopper, laundry and meeting rooms.
- Activities: Shop at the Eixample District to find the best national and international brands, all radiating from the main avenue of Passeig de Gràcia, visit Palau Guell, Casa Mila, Sagrada Familia, buildings by Antoni Gaudí, Picasso Museum or take a walk in the Gothic Quartier, or at the Parc Guell.
- Weather: Barcelona is great off-season and is a lovely city even in winter months of January and February as long as the possibility of rain is low. During these months the city is not too cold averaging between 9-10°C with sunny and blue skies. Given the high humidity, 19-23°C is considered comfortable weather, which is normally the temperature between April and June and between late September to November.
- Children: Welcome.