Lankanfushi Island, Maldives
Gili Lankanfushi (estimated to re-open in 2020) is located in one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives, with jetties threading across the crystal clear water out to spacious over-sized villas that provide spectacular ocean views from every room.
Conveniently located just 20 minutes by speedboat from the airport, Gili Lankanfushi leads the way in barefoot luxury with its overwater villas – the first of their kind in the Maldives. An intimate coral island in a sparking lagoon, everywhere you look marine life abounds, and the gleaming waters beckon.
Gili Lankanfushi has 45 luxurious villas, including some on private islands only accessible by boat. These offer the utmost in privacy and sophistication. The resort has its own fully-equipped PADI diving school with other watersports also on offer. There is also a tennis court as well as a freshwater swimming pool.
There is a ‘No news, no shoes’ philosophy on this island. Basically, guests are encouraged to leave their shoes on the boat, their computers at home, and totally embrace the laid-back, stress-free nature of island life!
Gili Lankanfushi Information
- Location: Lankanfushi Island, North Male Atoll. 20 minute boat ride from Male International Airport
- Accommodation: 45 overwater villas
- Facilities: Spa, gym, freshwater pool, tennis court, scuba diving, watersports, open air cinema
- Activities: Sunrise yoga/tai chi, volleyball, tennis, jogging, large selection of board games, library, sandbank picnics, dolphin cruises, watersports
- Weather: Weather is good year round
- Children: Welcome. Tailor-made itineraries can be made for children focusing on education with a marine biologist.