Nelson, New Zealand
Situated in the Orinoco Valley, this luxury boutique hotel holds a prime position between Nelson and Abel Tasman at the top of New Zealand’s South Island. Set within 48 acres of private grounds, Edenhouse is a tranquil and charming lodge offering the finest hospitality and unrivalled personalised service. Featuring in Tatler’s 101 Best Hotels of the World list, Edenhouse will appeal to travellers seeking an intimate and unforgettable experience in a truly idyllic setting. Families are welcome and babysitting can be arranged.
Edenhouse offers two elegant and spacious suites in the main lodge. Designed to maximise comfort and luxury, each beautifully appointed suite features plush furnishings, fine linens and all-modern amenities. There is also a two-bedroom garden cottage offering the utmost privacy and seclusion.
The cuisine at Edenhouse is first class. As well as delicious home cooked breakfasts served on the patio, you can also enjoy sumptuous dinners in the dining room or in a variety of alfresco locations.
There are plenty of experiences and activities on offer from fly-fishing on Motueka River to exploring the renowned Abel Tasman National Park by boat or helicopter. Other worthwhile excursions include visiting the World of WearableArt and Classic Cars Museum in Nelson. Back at Edenhouse, stroll through the delightful gardens or relax with a glass of wine in front of an open fire as you admire in the views.
- Location: 4 hours 45 minutes from Christchurch Airport
- Accommodation: 2 luxury suites, 1 cottage(2 bedroooms)
- Activities: Abel Tasman National Park, fly & float fishing at Motueka River, helicopter visit to Mt Olympus, hiking, helihiking, helibiking, sea kayaking, sailing, cruising on yachts, wilderness helirafting, cycle touring, massage therapy, wine tasting at boutique wineries, visit to Classic Cars and Wearable Art galleries, native plant weaving, learn to pilot a stunt plane, visit to Golden Bay, visit Kahurangi National Park
- Facilities: Sky TV, artists’ studio, spring water, air-conditioning, landscaped gardens, den and library, courtyards, sitting room, formal dining room
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide:From USD 920 per night in a luxury suite for two pax.