Set on the banks of the Kinabatangan River in the village of Bilit, a two-hour drive from Sandakan Town, this charming and peaceful eco-lodge offers the ultimate rainforest experience and the chance to get up close to the abundance of wildlife that can be found in the area. It will appeal to honeymooners, couples and families looking for an unforgettable jungle adventure.
The lodge, built on stilts from local hardwood materials to blend in with the rainforest surroundings, features a riverside bar and restaurant serving up superb local and international cuisine, a family lounge and an enclosed garden.
Bilit Rainforest Lodge offers 24 spacious and tastefully appointed chalets set amongst tropical gardens and linked to the main areas by a boardwalk. Rooms are basic but comfortable and feature air-conditioning and private bathrooms with hot water.
There are endless adventures to be had at Bilit Rainforest Lodge. Go jungle trekking with a local guide, fish off the jetty or head out on a river safari in search of wildlife. You can also visit Kampung Bilit where you might spot rare pygmy elephants, learn traditional ways of fishing from the villagers or assist them in planting bananas. For those prepared to venture further afield, there is plenty to explore including the Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and Turtle Island, an important centre for turtle breeding.
Bilit Rainforest Lodge Information
- Location: 5 hours drive from Kita Kinabalu airport
- Accommodation: 12 semi-detached chalet and 12 detached chalets
- Activities: guided jungle trekking, jetty fishing, river cruises along the Kinabatangan River
- Facilities: restaurant, riverside bar, internet facilities, family lounge, gift shop, enclosed garden, river jetty
- Weather: Equatorial/Tropical-the climate is generally hot and sunny all year round
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 396/ person for 3D/2N stay including tours and transfer from airport.
Looking for something different? Visit our main Malaysia page for further inspiration.