When in Venice, choose the Bauers Il Palazzo and you’ll be staying in a beautifully restored 18th century Venetian house on the Grand Canal, just around the corner from St Mark’s Square.
This historic property began life as a hotel in 1880 and its latest renovation was completed in the late nineties. Behind its Gothic façade lie dramatic interiors designed by owner Francesca Bortolotto Possati, whose passion for combining European art and antiques with contemporary comforts is evident throughout.
38 guest rooms and 34 suites – many with terraces and canal views – enable guests to sample the life of a Venetian nobleman in a palazzo right in the heart of the city. Vast Chinese urns sit underneath ornate trompe l’oeil ceilings and alongside antique tapestries, while state of the art technology and luxurious touches such as open-air Jacuzzis are all there too.
Arrive in style in a private water taxi from Marco Polo airport or Santa Lucia station to the Bauer Il Palazzo’s dock.
Take a seat on the open air terrace at the hotel’s De Pisis restaurant, and watch canal life go by as you enjoy the Mediterranean menu, which has an Asian twist.
High on the hotel’s seventh floor, the Settimo Cielo is a breathtaking spot for breakfast, with spectacular views from its terrace. By night, the B Bar at Il Palazzo is a favoured haunt of famous names and the Venetian party set, with live music and a nightclub feel.
Guests at the Bauer’s Il Palazzo can take advantage of the spa at sister property Bauer’s Palladio Hotel, on nearby Giudecca Island.
Bauers Il Palazzo Information
- Location:Venice, 15 mins drive to Venezia Marco Polo international airport.
- Accommodation:35 Deluxe double rooms and 40 suites.
- Facilities:Restaurant, bar, meeting rooms, fitness facilities, sauna, wifi.
- Activities:Recreational activities such as golf, tennis and water sports at nearby Lido Island.
- Weather:December to March sees the heaviest rains while July and August are the warmest months with average maximum daily temperatures of 27° Celsius.
- Children:Welcome. Babysitting facilities and children’s programs available.