Dhigufinolhu Island, Maldives
A family-friendly luxury Maldivian island retreat with excellent facilities catering to all ages. Just a short hop away from the airport, this resort is accessible for a short or long break with the whole family.
Dhigufinolhu Island in the South Male atoll is just 35 minutes by speedboat from Male International airport. This tropical lagoon creates the most perfect island getaway. From the moment you arrive, peer into the crystal waters below the jetty of the resort at puffer fish, sting rays and baby reef sharks. Enjoy an array of water sports including diving, snorkeling, surfing and island hopping.
The 110 villas are either located over the water or close to the beach. Choose between villas perfectly positioned to catch the sunrise or sunset or those which have their own private plunge pool. The villas are all stylishly designed with direct access to the powdery white beach and only steps from the tranquil lagoon.
Dining options on this island are second-to-none and you will be spoilt by choice, sample tasty Italian dishes at Terrazo restaurant, freshly caught seafood and grilled meats at lively Fuddan Fusion and Baan Huraa serves some exquisite Thai food.
For children, Anantara Dhigu is the ultimate. The Dhoni Kidz club is open for children from 3-11 years which is younger than most children’s club accommodate. Children will take part in arts and craft, outdoor and indoor activities and interacting with children of their own age. There is also babysitting available on a request basis.
Anantara Dhigu Information
- Location: Dhigufinolhu Island, South Male Atoll. A 35-minute speedboat journey from Male International Airport.
- Accommodation: 110 beach villas and over water suites.
- Activities: Watersports, diving, deep-sea fishing, beachside yoga.
- Facilities: Restaurants, tennis court, water spa, cooking school, fitness centre, swimming pool, badminton and volleyball courts, library.
- Weather: The dry season is from December to March and the wet season is from May to November, however during these months it is still warm and still a good time to travel.
- Children: Welcome and very well catered for. Dhoni Kidz Club for children aged 3-11, babysitting should be booked 24 hours in advance.