Do you want to have bragging rights to have dived some of the most unheard of dive sites in the Philippines? Well we’re not talking about Palawan, Siargao Island is our little well-kept secret.
Numerous flat rocks, coral slopes and deeper spots like overhangs and caves and caverns like the Blue Catheral on the outer reef offer some huge visibility and cater to all skill levels.
When not exploring the seas there is also a multitude to do: from mangrove-exploring, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing, hiking and bird watching.
Day 1 Arrive into Siargao
At Siargao, another represenative will be at the airport awaiting your arrival and providing luggage assistance. You will then be transferred to Dedon Island via a 40 minute drive.
Nestled between ancient mangrove forests and the white sands and crystal waters of its own peaceful bay, shaded by groves of coconut trees and scented by the extravagant flowers blooming in its tropical gardens, the Dedon Island resort is a world unto itself, a barefoot oasis, naturally sheltered from the raw tropical wilderness all around.
Day 2 - 5: Diving & Other Activities
You have the days at leisure to indulge in the following activities:
- Scuba-diving at some of these rarely-visited sites: Seeco Reef Coral formations, Cathedral 270° on the wall of Cloud 9, Shark Point Coral Rock, Antokon Tower, Dako Coral Beach and the La Janosa Coral Hill to name a few.
- Snorkelling the outer islands such as Halian, Lahanusa, Anahawan or Corregidor for a full day out including a picnic lunch on beautiful Mamon Beach
- A full day’s trip out to Sohoton Cove, an inland wilderness of interconnecting lagoons encircled by soaring cliffs of virgin jungle, is a must-do. Nearly 2 hours away by boat, your excursion included paddling, swimming, caving, rock-jumping, a hearty lunch on the boat and snorkelling on the outer reef before returning home at sun down.
- Learning to surf at the resort and then venturing out to Cloud 9, one of the worled’s legendary surfing breaks, famed for its perfectly-shaped barrel.
- Deep-sea fishing along the Philippine Deep, a 1,300km-long trench containing the third deepest point on Earth.
- Island hopping around the bay and beyond, starting with drinks under an umbrella on tiny, deserted Pansukian before moving on to Daku for snorkelling, a spot of surfing and a full-picnic on its picture-perfect beach. Time permitting, move on to Casulian, La Janosa, Mamon or simply back to nearby Guyam for a drink.
Day 6 Departure
Today you will be transferred back to the airport in time for your flight back to Cebu and onward international departure.
|Day 1||Arrive into Siargao||Nay Palad Hideaway (previously Dedon Island)|
|Day 2 - 5:||Diving & Other Activities||Nay Palad Hideaway (previously Dedon Island)|
- Overnight accommodation including all meals and drinks
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International airfare
- Visa and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 8008 for a family of 2 adults and 2 children
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant.
- Capital: Manila
- Main Language: Filipino, English
- Population: 94.85m (2011)
- Time Zone: GMT +8
- Currency: Philippine Peso (PHP)
- Best time to go: October through May
- A fully inclusive stay on Dedon Island – you need never open your wallet to sign for a drink or meal. Every massage you indulge in and every excursion you undertake – from paddleboard to Jeepney to a state-of-the-art amphibious boat, complete with crew – is covered by a single flat rate.
- Most of all, enjoy all the activities on offer while your children are looked after at the Children’s Village – a series of elevated woven domes, connected by a wooden platform, enclose trampolines and hidden, shaded spaces. Perfect for kids of all ages.
From USD 8008