The Galapagos Islands is what most would consider the voyage of a lifetime thanks namely to the endemic species and spectacular landscapes that the plethora of islands offer. Nowhere on earth can you snorkel with seals and iguanas and discover birds that you will not see anywhere else in the world. There is no better way to discover and marvel at the beautiful sights that await than by embarking aboard National Geographic’s Endeavour. Prepare for an unforgettable journey to the Galapagos with Lindblad Expeditions.
This excursion can also be done aboard National Geographic’s Islander.
Day 1: Arrival
Upon arrival into Ecuador, you will be transferred to Hotel Hilton Colon in Guayaquil, where you will spend the night before embarking for your adventure.
Stay: Hotel Hilton Colon
Day 2: Embark upon the National Geographic Endeavour
In the morning, catch your flight to the Galapagos. Admire the scenery from above before embarking onto the National Geographic Endeavour and discovering the beautiful landscapes from below. You will embark wither in Baltra or San Cristobel depending on the season.
Day 3 - 8: Cruising through the Galapagos Islands
During the next 5 days, you will cruise from island to island and discover the incredible wildlife and astounding landscapes of the Galapagos. The exact routing depends on the National Park Service but will include Santa Cruz and a selection of the following stops: Bartolome, Floreana, Espanola, Isabela, and Fernandina.
On Santa Cruz, look out for blue-footed boobies and pelicans, and watch sea lions frolicking in the sand. Giant tortoises are never too far away either! Isabela is perfect for a morning dip, followed by a challenging hike towards an iguana colony. Fernandina is the youngest island in the Galapagos with recent lava flows, flightless cormorants and Sally Lightfoot crabs.
Bartolome offers landscapes made beautiful by the convergence of lava, mangroves and golden sand. Here, you will also have the opportunity to snorkel with Galapagos penguins. Santiago is the place to spot Galapagos fur seals and numerous tide pools.
If you’ve always dreamed of snorkeling with seals, your dreams will come true on Floreana. Flamingos, pintail ducks and shorebirds are also great company! For a chance to see nesting sea turtles, you will need to hike to a pristine white-sand beach. The reward is worth the trouble. Espanola, is home to the waved albatross and colorful marine iguanas, which are not to be missed.
Day 9: Disembark
Today marks the end of the cruise and you will disembark National Geographic Endeavour and make your way towards Guyaquil. There, you will have time to relax or visit the region before departing Ecuador.
Stay: Hotel Hilton Colon
Day 10: Departure
You will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.
|Day 1:||Arrival||Hotel Hilton Colon|
|Day 2:||Embark upon the National Geographic Endeavour||National Geographic Endeavour|
|Day 3 - 8:||Cruising through the Galapagos Islands||National Geographic Endeavour|
|Day 9:||Disembark||Hotel Hilton Colon|
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic ship
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Facilities aboard (fitness center, library, physician)
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- The expertise of our expedition staff
- All excursions
- Zodiac & kayak explorations
- Snorkeling, including wetsuits, masks, fins & snorkel where relevant
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
- International flights
- Personal expenses
- Visa if applicable
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 5,490 per person for a category 1 cabin aboard National Geographic Endeavour (excluding flights)
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Get up close and personal with the endemic wildlife of the Galapagos Islands
- Discover scenic coastlines from aboard National Geographic’s Endeavour and zodiac excursions
- Hike through the islands and uncover some of nature’s mysteries
- Walk in the footsteps of Darwin
From USD 5,490 per person