- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
This family loved the archipelago so much they bought an island… And instead of keeping it to themselves, they decided to turn it into a hideaway that other families can enjoy too. Each member of the family put their stamp on the design for Velaa Private Island - from the wellness-loving mum who designed the overwater spa, to the children who helped create the Kids Club with its splash zone, jungle gym, craft area, and media centre. The result is a playground that everyone will love.
The Nikki Beach of the Maldives. The Seaside Finolhu's party credentials were only cemented when Cara Delevigne and 160 of her closest friends took over the island and posted endless pix of themselves under palm trees and next to signs reading ‘Time to drink champagne and dance on the table’. Each month it holds a full moon party in a two-storey beach club that comes complete with chandelier-lit loungers, stilt-walkers, and mermaids in the pool. And you have no fear of being camera ready as the resort set in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve also features five spas, a hair salon and a photography studio.
If you want to be alone, take a boat ride to Cocoa Island, one of the smallest islands in the Maldives. Relaunching in January after a makeover, this understated island comes complete with just 34 overwater villas. If you’re looking for peacefulness and privacy, this is the place for you. You can relax on a massage table, kick back on a daybed with a book or just step off your private terrace into the marine-rich house reef and discover the underwater world.
This intimate island in the Maldives is sure to put you in the mood for romance. Enjoy a three-course candlelit dinner in the privacy of your villa at Milaidhoo; take a dip in a romantic Dhivelhi Bath, which comes decorated with flower petals, scented oil, and candles; then watch dolphins frolic in the surf while you sip champagne on a sunset cruise.
The Lightfoot Team travels to the Maldives at least once a year and can recommend only the best overwater villas, restaurants, and fun activities. Let us help you experience the Maldives with a tailor-made itinerary that suits you. Enquire now!
From $21,730 pp
- Stay in two of Madagascar’s most exclusive luxury resorts: Anjajavy and Miavana
- Witness the famous hairy crabs crossing the crab highway
- Experience Madagascar’s unique biodiversity, including lemurs, baobab trees and limestone pinnacles
- Swoop into the stunning Nosy Be Archipelago by private helicopter
- Explore Nosy Ankao’s underwater world on a Blue Safari experience
When to go:
From $5,100 pp
- Relax on the white-sand beaches of Taketomi and the Ishigaki Islands
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Shuri Castle
- Learn about the history of Ryukyu Island
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on the East China Sea
- Snorkel above some of Japan’s most beautiful coral reefs
When to go:
From $4,000 pp
- Sail around French Polynesia’s famous ‘motus’ while learning about marine life and searching for stingrays
- Enjoy traditional Tahitian food such as Tahitan raw fish and meat skewers
- Go quad biking through the lush rainforest at Opunohu’s bay
- Snorkel around Bora Bora lagoon’s beautiful coral gardens
- Relax on pristine sands and soak up the region’s extraordinary mana
When to go: